+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does celibacy mean a break up?

Does celibacy mean a break up?

Hi all,

I've been having a problem recently, and it's been awkward for me to bring up with my friends.

After a very intense, very erratic 8month relationship with the 'first love' (we're both in high school), I met a guy a year older than me. He's a senior at a different school, and basically everything any girl could want. He's attractive, kind, sweet, funny, and most of all stable. He's kind of shy, and definitely a sweetheart, and a lot of his friends joked that I was going to break his heart. We've been dating for 6months, and he treats me wonderfully.

However, I have a few emotional problems, and my last relationship scarred me. I know it's terrible, but I cheated on my current boyfriend a few times with my ex. I know that's awful, and many of you should/will judge me for it. I just wanted to let you know the full story.

I am no longer fooling around with the ex. However, recently I have been feeling less and less into sex. In fact, my boyfriend and I have not had sex in over a month. With my ex, it was several times a week - mostly because it was easier to find a place to do so. During the collapse of our relationship, I used sex as a way to stay close to him. Like I said, messed up.

I had sex with my boyfriend a month into our relationship, and at the time I didn't regret it. It was nice - not as insane as the last, but it was comfortable and happy. I'd say that would be the common thread: I am comfortably in love with my boyfriend, he has always been there for me. But not a lot is very exciting - he never has any ideas of what to do, and I always am contributing the interesting parts of the conversations. We never do anything thrilling, and he does not really have the same artistic/creative interests I do. Over and over, I've been told that because I'm an artist I'll be drawn to intensity and creativity. I guess that's the case. I love my boyfriend, but I'm BORED.

I'm not sure if this boredom/guilt has caused me to withdraw sexually. I have no idea what it is. I've tried talking about it, and my friends don't understand, they think I just don't love him anymore. that's not the case, I really do love him, but this problem has made me irritable and I find myself being bitchy via text. i try to stop but I am just so frustrated.

I told him that I was having problems wanting sex, and he said he'd wait til we figured it out. I can tell he's anxious though, and he tells me he misses hookingup. Whenever we kiss I always feel like he's just using it to get farther, even though I know that's not the case. I don't want him to touch me sexually. I love him, and I just want things to go back to the way they were.

Please help me, I'm sorry for the long message.

Cut the poor fellow loose. He loves you and wants more, you love him and want less.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ponder this:

Sometimes love isn't enough.

Let this nice guy go so that he can find a girl more deserving of him.