+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Online Relationship

Online Relationship

Hello

I met this girl online about a month ago who I really like and she really likes me. We talk on MSN through webcam every night like we are boyfriend and girlfriend. We planned to meet up about 2 weeks ago but she said she couldn't make it because of family problems, which I didn't think anything of. We re-arranged to meet up for tomorrow but she has let me down again, this time by saying she has had an argument with her mum and she wont let her go out, which seems a bit odd for an 18 year old girl. Not only that but I am fairly certain she has blocked me on facebook even though she claims she hasn't, probably so I can't see the stuff she writes on her wall. Also she never answers my phone calls and claims her phone is broken and she cant recieve calls, yet she texts me all the time. she says she's going to get her phone fixed but time after time there is an excuse why it didn't get fixed. Is she just really shy about meeting me or is she mucking me about?

Thanks

You've only known her for a month and you both act like "gf/bf" because of webcam chats? I'm sorry, but that's too rushed and a bit hard to pull off. It's difficult to have a real relationship with someone without physical contact. She might be scared but it does seem that you both, and possibly just you, got attatched far too soon. Get to know eachother more, meet a few times and then you can start a relationship if you feel that you want to. It just seems far too rushed and not realistic.
    In my honest opinion, I don't see anything coming from this by the way that she's acting and through reasons mentioned above.

She's not interested. Move on.

Why is she the one planning to meet up then?

just keep it moving, your just fun to her when she has nothin better to do

it's her mom, my mom is same as her(from how i see)
    and also might be shy, u dont have to worry if she's still keep texting u, there's no doubts she still love and want to be with you, you just have to wait a bit more
    good luck buddy, best of wishes

move on man, if she is not interested don't spend your time on virtual relationships
    Meshulam.

Always remember - relationships are hard work !
    Check out my blog at http://thepromall.com/blog/

Quote Originally Posted by bara.beat View Post
    You've only known her for a month and you both act like "gf/bf" because of webcam chats? I'm sorry, but that's too rushed and a bit hard to pull off. It's difficult to have a real relationship with someone without physical contact. She might be scared but it does seem that you both, and possibly just you, got attatched far too soon. Get to know eachother more, meet a few times and then you can start a relationship if you feel that you want to. It just seems far too rushed and not realistic.
    In my honest opinion, I don't see anything coming from this by the way that she's acting and through reasons mentioned above.
    I'm really getting irritated when people say it is not possible to have a relationship online. That just because you don't have physical contact with that person, it isn't going to work and you're just a loser for thinking so.
    I've heard stories of back in WW2 or basically during that time period, that people used to do the whole pen-pal thing, civilians sending letters to the troops or just to meet new people and are just interested in different ways of life. And I've heard of people's grandparents meeting through this system, and how they sent letters back and forth for years and years, and grew to love each other, and then finally met each other and got married. There's even movies out there like this (I think there's one with Julia Roberts) And yet, everyone goes 'awwww.' This is acceptable, this is ok.
    But if someone meets another person online, and they begin to have an emotional connection towards someone else, how do you know it's not genuine? You're not in their shoes. You're just ready to write them off as being delusional and in need of RL socializing.
    I have never personally had an internet relationship (I honestly don't think I could take the distance) but if someone is capable of meeting their dream mate online and they bring about a emotional connection that works, then I'm happy for them.

Back to the OP- It sounds like she doesn't want to be that way with you anymore, and doesn't have the courage to say it to you. I would just back off, and leave her be.