+ Follow This Topic

Thread: It's been like, 5 months?

It's been like, 5 months?

And I'm still deeply in love with her. She's moved on to a new fella, and is seemingly happy. Of course for somebody I love as much as I do her, I'm happy for her, but inevitably it also saddens me greatly.

We were together for just over a year, on our anniversary things were awesome, she made me the most beautiful present in the form of a photo album of our "first year"

As we were a long distance couple, at the end of that day I became saddened that we had to go to our homes and not see each other again for atleast a fortnight. I was a little tearful in our final hour that day, and I think that it set the wheels in motion for our break-up. No chick wants a needy guy, right?

Anyways a couple of months after our anniversary she claimed that we should go on a "break". God, I'd heard that before from a previous acquaintance. That relationship was nowhere near as intense as my last one, so when my ex said that, my heart broke.

Looking back at the time of the "break" I handled the situation appallingly, I was forever checking up on her, and pressuring her into making a decision regarding our future. Until one day I snapped, we argued and she called it off completely.

She was "The one" in my eyes, so I'm really giving myself a hard time about my actions when things could and should have been reconciled. A potential wife lost due to my pathetic, puerile and immature bouts of insecurity and hurt.

balls.

lhn is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    You've joined a very long and very regretable list, and i feel like I'm king of the pile!
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    jeez i turn every argument round on a man, why take the blame if hes stupid enough to let you blame him about something totally different

I think this is what happens to most guys out there. Once most of us heard "break" or "I need some time" then funny things will start to sprout. I won't say "You and her are not meant to be" or "You deserved a better one" because I feel like it's just some loser giving out more excuses. First thing you have to understand is, you freaked out and panicked. It sped the process of she getting irritated of you. I have the exact same experience with yours. I lost control and struggled for the first few days, sent her messages asking her to listen to me explain. In the end, I became needy, obsessive and clingy, the thing I despised the most my entire life.

You and me both, brotha

Add me to the list of mistake makers and proving myself to an insecure and immature asshole like every other guy. That's the frustrating part to me because I know at my core I'm not that kind of person but during my most dark of times I proved myself to be through my actions. When the pressure was on, I folded and proved myself unworthy of the title of being a "man". And those actions speak louder than any other words I could possibly think of right now.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.