+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Okay...Age old question: How can you tell if he's interested?

ryna88 Guest

Okay...Age old question: How can you tell if he's interested?

I just met a guy at my work. We're not in the same department or anything, so we won't see each other often and won't work with each other daily by any means. I don't know if I'll ever see him again. When I left, I just said, "Bye. Nice meeting you." He smiled and extended his hand for a handshake (I really think he would have hugged me but we just met and we were at work, so probably not appropriate), and he gently sandwiched my hand with his other hand. It was a nice handshake - not a bone-clencher or too weak. I found that odd because most people just don't shake hands like that, especially if they just meet you. I knew he certainly wouldn't have shook another man's hand like that!

He was also asking me questions when we were working together. I remember this question the most, because at first I didn't want to answer it but he was teasing me so I did: "So, what do you do for fun, outside of work?"

For some reason, we felt very comfortable around each other and did talk about some pretty personal stuff regarding relationships...and he mentioned something that revealed he knew I was single. (He told me he is single too.) He was very courteous and very respectful, and we really clicked and it was very easy to talk to him. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it, but I kind of think he was into me? My gut tells me he at least thought I was fun to be around...

I am in my mid-20's and he's almost 30 I think, so we're in the same age range. We watched a movie there (romantic comedy) and that's how we got started talking about relationships. We literally spent several hours together and really enjoyed getting to know each other.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    right now you're probably reading too much into this because you are interested. you want him to be interested in you too, so you are trying to pick up on all the same things that he does. chances are, if you keep cruising with him, then he'll find you attractive, but you have to be patient.

btw, interesting way of spelling your name.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

ryna88 Guest
    thanks for the reply. i guess it's not so much a matter of reading the signs; i just felt we clicked pretty well. you know how you just know you connect well with someone. yeah, that's what i'm really getting at. but thanks!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd say he found you attractive. See if he contacts you in the next few days.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you notice a bulge in his pants it's a safe bet he's interested.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

This is not about a bulge in his pants-bulge or no bulge, everything you have said so far tells me he is probably interested but unsure where to go from here, & possibly unsure about dating a coworker. Take it slow and see where it goes, but do not come on too strong. If you feel the time is right, bring up the dating coworkers thing and see if he avoids the subject or wants to talk about it. This will tell you a lot.

ryna88 Guest
    Hmm. Thanks, that makes sense! I guess maybe I have to trust my intuition more...I'll go slow