+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is there a right age for experimentation?

Is there a right age for experimentation?

I've often heard from various sources that the ideal time in a persons life for sexual experimentation is usually during the college years or in ones youth in general.

I actually have two questions and the first is fairly simple, is their an ideal age in YOUR OPINION

The second is whether or not you believe that for most people, that when and if in their lives they decide to experiment with things ``out of the ordinary`` is during those years, in general. Is this just a stereotype, are people older then 25 just as willing to explore as people in their youths (but perhaps less willing to be vocal about it)

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The best time? early to mid 20's. at that age you aren't a stupid kid (aka teenager).

What makes this age better then people older, apart from the fact that they are more likely to be in committed relationships. Do you believe its just too much of a taboo issue, or is it something?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's not that older people don't enjoy experimenting; it's just that they have a healthier understanding of consequences, and they are often responsible for other people's well-being (children). Experimentation usually involves risky behaviors. that is why people in their late teens and early 20s are more likely to experiment. They are still living under the guise that nothing bad can ever happen to them. they also tend to engage in binge drinking and drug use, which increases the likelihood of sexually risky behaviors.

Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?