+ Follow This Topic
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Girlfriend no longer interested in sex. At my wit's end.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWagginston View Post
    There's no way it's just that she is too busy or stressed to have time for him. She had time to go to a party, get drunk and make out with some other dude for the rest of the night.
    Oh, I missed that post. Well in that case, she is a self-centred bitch who doesn't deserve such a nice guy. She cheated on him. He should drop her and find someone who will appreciate him.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I'm hoping the lack of response from FTM signifies him moving out of that hellhole and not currently having internet.

Mmmm...I recently was talking to a man who was married and miserable for 17 years...the crap he put up with...unbelievable...

some people just don't know how to call it a day...is it fear of failure...weakness....an excess of kindness???

I'm thinking FTM is in for the next 17 years too...

The issue FTM is having with his grfriend is the case of either breaking up when trust was broken or going to therapy tryng to fix a relationship where love and respect are only one-sided.

At least someone is making money out of this!
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

I hate when people try to give advice after only reading the first post. Its like an article about a gruesome triple homicide starting with "On a sunny day back in June....." and someone reading only the first line and commenting that the article was "pleasant and refreshing". Its just stupid.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

i don't want to totally knock his girlfriend. she obviously has some major issues that she is afraid to confront. i still think FTM should leave though. the only chance he'd have at having a decent relationship with her (in the future) is breaking up with her and letting her figure her shit out alone. although, i'm sure she'll just find some other dope to manipulate and get comfortable with so that she can continue avoiding her problems. either way, FTM needs to gtf out and stop letting this woman waste his time...
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

ftm is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy057 View Post
    I'm hoping the lack of response from FTM signifies him moving out of that hellhole and not currently having internet.
    This post actually made me laugh out loud. Thanks, man.

I wish I could catch up and reply to all the great posts on this thread by I don't have time. It's been a hectic couple of weeks. I'm going to be out of state for two and a half weeks and won't be checking this forum until I get back. It's going to be nice to get some space for a while. Maybe me being away will give her a chance to reflect on things and improve, but I doubt it.

Therapy has kept us from fighting as much, but so far it hasn't helped us build to anything that's sustainable for me. My girlfriend is convinced that things are a lot better now (they are a tiny bit better, I'll give her that) and if I ever try to point toward areas of possible improvement I get accused of only focusing on the negative. It's pretty clear that I'm not going to get what I want. Unfortunately. I won't be in a position to move out for a few months. I'm going back to school in the fall, which will further complicate things. But I am going to start hatching a serious plan.

I do love this woman, but loving her doesn't mean I have to stay.

You have all been really helpful. Even the harsh posts yelling at me to get it together, and even the posts from people who clearly didn't read much of the thread and don't understand the particulars of my situation. I know that somewhere out there there's a woman who will enjoy fulfilling my needs in addition to enjoying it when I fulfill hers. There's someone who will take joy in the give and take of a relationship, and not see the giving as a chore. I am going to find that woman. It's going to be okay.

In reality, I could have cancelled my trip back to my home state and used the money to move myself out of here and start over. That thought had crossed my mind. But honestly, I need this trip home to see my family and friends even more than I need to move on. Maybe it's what will equip me with everything else I need to fully see my way out of this. Who knows?

I plan to talk to a few of my friends about my situation, but I'll have to be cautious about who it is. Most everyone in my life loves my girlfriend and some will think I'm a complete idiot for contemplating leaving. Especially my family.

It's going to be a difficult road. But it's one worth taking.

Again, thanks for everything, guys. See you in a few weeks.

Well, make sure to call her when you're on your way back into town to give her time to get the guy out of her bed. You know, the guy she'll have there, banging her every day you're gone.

Not even half kidding.
    Spammer Spanker

Call a day early and ask her to wash the sheets.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Today is the first time I've come across this tread (kinda been away from the boards a while) and I must say it is quite depressing. Often Love is the greatest single thing ever to happen to a person, but in this case it has blinded you from everything reasonable. This chick is sucking the life out of you and you need to get as far from her as humanly possible. I hope your friends have some good advice to give you when you go back home.(Leave Her) It really blows me away how much this chick has put you through and you're still around. I hope you can gather the strength to move on with your life and learn from all of this. G'luck.

If your family knocks you for planning to leave tell them that they don't have to live with her and deal with her. I hate when people try to make decisions for others when they won't be dealing with the consequences. Make sure you thoroughly enjoy yourself there because more of the same bs is waiting for you when you get back. Also in light of what gigabitch said, maybe you could set up a camera (or webcam) to see exactly what IS going on while you're gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ftm View Post

I plan to talk to a few of my friends about my situation, but I'll have to be cautious about who it is. Most everyone in my life loves my girlfriend and some will think I'm a complete idiot for contemplating leaving. Especially my family.

It's going to be a difficult road. But it's one worth taking.

Again, thanks for everything, guys. See you in a few weeks.
    Yes noone absolutely noone knows what really goes on between two people...and it's funny how you can never tell who will last or not...

We all have stories of people we thought were perfectly happy and then split up like overnight...and others who fight ALL THE TIME and are still stuck together...

So really it shows that our outsider perception is most often biased and mis-informed...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Quote Originally Posted by IncognitoSir View Post
    This chick is sucking the life out of you ...
    Too bad that's the ONLY think she's sucking out of him.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    If your family knocks you for planning to leave tell them that they don't have to live with her and deal with her. I hate when people try to make decisions for others when they won't be dealing with the consequences. Make sure you thoroughly enjoy yourself there because more of the same bs is waiting for you when you get back. Also in light of what gigabitch said, maybe you could set up a camera (or webcam) to see exactly what IS going on while you're gone.
    What's the point? Do you really need to know and relive her cheating on you again and again? Do you need further proof?

I do agree with the fact that some people don't understand, and **** them if they don't listen to you who they have known for longer and should have a bias with anyway.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

^^^ Actually she kissed another guy, she didn't have sex with him. Personally that would have been enough for me to leave, but not ftm. If she is cheating (sexually) then perhaps actually witnessing it would be the motivator for him to leave promptly no matter what to takes to do so. He keeps on talking about having to wait to move out for various reasons, but I believe its simply because he hasn't fully let go yet. Where there is a will there is a way and if he wanted to get out now he could. All he needs is to know someone with a truck to move his stuff to public storage and a place to lay his head until he gets an apartment or room mate. Its that simple.

I also don't believe in having bias simply because someone is related to you. If someone is related to me and is dead wrong I'm not going to take their side, period. My brother thought the same way as you and was quite surprised when I didn't "take his side" during a situation when he was breaking up with his fiancee. We haven't spoken since December because of it, but that doesn't make me any less right. Piss on him.

Come to think of it, ftm should come home a day early. That would potentially be an educational experience.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast