+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Crazy for not wanting friend to come out all the time?

Crazy for not wanting friend to come out all the time?

I posted a few days ago. My girlfriend is attached at the hip to her friend. (not literly)

Now there is a surprise party this weekend... my friends not hers, and I wanted her to come. Only she wont come unless she can bring her friend.

I just went on a 4 day vacation w her and her friend last weekend, and basicly spent the last 5 weekends before that with her friend and there crew.

AM I AN ASSHOLE FOR WANTING TO GET MY GIRLFRIEND OUT ALONE? Even if its a party?

I just need a break! when they are together they can be too much and then i gotta worry about getting her friend home afterwards... Also, i literly just spent about 5 weekends in a row with her crew.

Anybody think im being a prick? SHe just keeps saying "I dont understand, its just one day" but its EVERY SINGLE SATURDAY...

You're trying to deal with the problem, indirectly, by setting up a situation where things might work the way they want. You need to deal directly with the problem. Tell her exactly why her attachment to her best friend bothers you. Tell her what you really need from her, and if she won't give you that, then end this relationship. It's that simple.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.