1 4.35%
  • at a cinema/museum

1 4.35%
  • other, please specify in your post

7 30.43%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best places to meet people?

^^^a friend of mine wanted me to put a profile up on eharmony to see if I'd get any matches because she wasn't. I got hundreds of matches but I never became a full member because I didn't want to pay...It turns out that apparently you have to be 18 to get a match and she was 17 at the time.

I've never gotten into that though...I just wonder about people who can't meet people in real life...I know thats wrong and that chances are there is nothing wrong with them but it is just a stigma in my mind I can't seem to get past.

Quote Originally Posted by Midgey View Post
    Haha, then meet local??

Surely dating sites show your location... The ones in australia do! I wouldn't date someone interstate/international
    It makes sense.. I just tend to go to sites in english, so there's very little people from around here... I'm too weird for this world, I must be an alien...

Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    ^^^a friend of mine wanted me to put a profile up on eharmony to see if I'd get any matches because she wasn't. I got hundreds of matches but I never became a full member because I didn't want to pay...It turns out that apparently you have to be 18 to get a match and she was 17 at the time.

I've never gotten into that though...I just wonder about people who can't meet people in real life...I know thats wrong and that chances are there is nothing wrong with them but it is just a stigma in my mind I can't seem to get past.
    I was thinking about sites like forums, social networks and such, not "dating sites" :-/

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Volunteer events.

What about subways and other public transports? I've seen a couple of cute girls there.. Is it possible?

I voted school, but i would also say through mutual friends at parties and stuff. If you have a bunch of ppl over, typically some people invite other friends, peopl you haven't met.. good way to expand your social circle.. and that way they also arn't complete stranger either, fairly decent ice breaker.

There is no ONE best place to meet people. I meet people everywhere I go. Standing on the street the other day while waiting for a friend, some guy saw me and started talking me up.

I smile a lot and make eye contact, so I think that has something to do with it.

I once went on a date with someone I met on the internet... I'm never doing that again >.>
    ~The 3 things needed for Happiness: Something to do, Something to love and something to hope for.~

I am no expert, take everything I say with a large grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by sAsAk1 View Post
    I once went on a date with someone I met on the internet... I'm never doing that again >.>
    Haha I've been told funny stories about guys who "were" like 7 feet tall and when met in person they were not even 5 feet tall.. I don't really get what's the point on lying if you intend to meet someone...

I chose other. I think the best place to meet someone is just anywhere you feel comfortable, be it online or the real world. I met my boyfriend when he suddenly got added into a convo on MSN and I found out he played some awesome online game that I was obsessed with at the time... also found out he was seeing a movie where I worked the next day, and that's where I met him in real life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12