+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love at first sight?

Love at first sight?

Hey.. do you think, that it is able to love somenbody even if you dont really know him?

There is this guy.. It's so confusing.. I cant stop thinking about him.. He makes me feel warm.. But I havent seen him for so long. And I only met him a few times and we dont really talk that muck..

can I call this love?? I dont think that this can be possible.. Do you think that love at first sight exists??

Lust at first sight, yes. Once you really to talking to that peson, you may find that person completely unattractive. Its easy to create someone in your mind of what you'd love that person to be, and then be disappointed when they are not that person. Be careful.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

I dont know how to explain.. he is so misterious.. but I think that i've known him since years..
    I'm so confused..
    The last time I saw him we had just smalltalk, but I felt so excited.. and i think i had butterflies in my stomach.. (i never realized how wonderful this could be ^^)

Heh. Yeah, I remember my first day of junior high.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    no. you can experience lust and infatuation but not true love.

You'd better calm that ish down. You sound like you're on the road to heartache. Wait til you know how he feels about you before declaring your undying love.

I've been where you are. It's never ended pretty.

Why Do We Fall in Love?

. In most cases, we fall in love either to compensate for something we lack, when we find someone similar to us or to a person who is dear to us, like one of our parents for example, or to put it more directly, when someone meets our unconscious criteria. This is simply a list of traits that should be found in a person if we are to fall in love with him/her.
    Love at First Sight

If you understand the previous explanation, then you may have already guessed why we sometimes fall in love with someone at first sight: simply because we found a person who met many of our unconscious criteria.

For example if a guy had dark skin and deeply loved his mother, then it’s likely that his unconscious criteria include that the girl should have white skin and that it would be great if she had some feature that reminded him of his mother. Of course it’s not that simple; the criteria can be very complex and may be formed of very many items, but I am just giving you this small example for clarification purposes.

Now what if this guy meets that girl we just described? What if he found her attractive and that in addition to all of the above characteristics, she has a great personality and is cheerful too? What’ll most probably happen is that he will develop an instant crush on her, or as we say, love her at first sight.

People who fall in love at the first sight usually believe in false ideas like "the one" and "soul mate", In my book “How to get over someone in few days” i mentioned that getting rid of such concepts is a vital step in the recovery from any breakup, and guess what, by just understanding how love at the first sight works you are actually helping yourself in getting over these false beliefs.
    I quote others only to better express myself

I don't think it's love.

To me you are experiencing a spark...something special that you only feel with a few people (nothing to do with their looks or personality), just savvy combination that make you feel this way when you think about him or see him.

It does not mean he is your M. Right juts that you can take it from here and see if things can work out...this inital spark will fuel your energy and desire to make it work whatever the hurdles...

So in itself it's like a magic spell...lucky girl...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

I don't know if its love or not..
    I am desperate for him to love me..
    I want to know how it would be if he loves me..
    I want to know how it feels to be loved..

Quote Originally Posted by tiger_eyes View Post
    I want to know how it feels to be loved..
    You don't know anything about this guy, so you don't really love him. You are just in love with the idea of love.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.