+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i dont think its ever gonna end

i dont think its ever gonna end

Ok i quit my old job in august, exchanging numbers with this girl i wanted to take out, but didnt have the guts to ask her out while working there for 2 years. She told a few coworkers how she thought i was cute, but i think it was more as a friend thing now that i think about it.

Anyway, she texts me in october "n e one awake". Im pretty sure she only texted me, but whatever. I texted her back asking if she wanted to grab a drink and split a cheese dip at a restaurant, and we did.

About a week later i called her up telling her i had a fun time and would like to take her out. Her response was

"sorry sweety, i work all week". I then asked her when she was free (probably a dumb move), and she just responded with "ill figure something out". She then messages me on facebook, saying shes 22 and im 21.

About 2 days later i defriended her on facebook. I think she took it as an act of immaturity or whatever, but i just couldnt stand that being the reason.

Its now close to 6 months later and i cant get her out of my head. I want to just say how i ****ing hate her for doing this to me, but thats pretty mean. I walked into the store we worked to talk to a few others about 2 months ago and we saw each other, but all i said was hey in a neutral tone and just walked away.

I sent her a message on facebook that night, being the idiot i am. It said how i was interested in taking her out because we both were working late nights and then getting up for school the next day, but it also said how her definition of maturity was kinda hurtful. She responded in a manner that didnt really say anything of importance about how i felt, and if that was the real reason why she didnt want to go out.

I havent refriended her on facebook. She did open up her wall so people outside of her friends list can see it not sure if she did that because of me or whatever. I blocked her so i couldnt easily search for her and see what she is doing. But i cant stop thinking about her.

For two years i was interested, but didnt have the guts to ask her out while working with her. I think she mightve been interested in me then and not caring about me being younger. Its like no matter what i say or do its "cute" or "immature" to her. But if somebody older does the same thing its attractive and manly. Thanks for listening to me, this probably feels more like a rant to others, idk.

I think the hate is unnecessary baggage you are carrying around. I'm not saying its wrong to feel salty towards her. It was pretty low of her to not be upfront with you and then give you some piss poor excuse of why she won't date you. It sucks but don't let it consume you any longer. Take it all and dump it out once and for good. You obviously never got to know her well enough to know what she would treat someone like she did. Her loss. Find a better girl who's worth your time and energy.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

how do i dump it out though? Tell her off? She probably doesnt even think about me now. Plus thats rude. Obviously ill never have a chance with her because ill always be that young boy to her. Plus defriending her was probably viewed as immature in her eyes, even though its because i cant stand seeing her with somebody else, or keeping up with her life.

Im trying to just focus all my attention on school since im graduating in the fall, so far its been good but even now i cant stop thinking about her.

This is probably just a crush, but i have no idea anymore.

No, don't give her the satisfaction of knowing she hurt you by telling her off.

Have a writing her off forever ceremony if you will. Look at her profile one more time then that is it. Done. Goodbye. NEVER look at it again. If it hurts you to go to the store and see her then hang out with your old co-workers in a different location.

Start to gradually give other girls a chance. You don't have to go out on dates with the intention of marrying that person, just get to know new girls. I really think that will help you get your mind off her. Don't let her have the power over you anymore.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

i kinda think she knows she hurt me when i defriended her and said in that message "i think your definition of maturity is semi hurtful" lol. I definately need to get over her because at this point ive dug myself too deep for her to ever respect me. Not to mention i criticized her cigarette smoking

Bummer man, I'm sorry to hear that it happened like this for you.

I think what is weighing on you is the fact that you could have capitalized earlier and that you could be in a whole different situation and a whole different person if it worked out differently. Whatever you do, don't live life in regret. Don't let things pass you by. It's possible that even if you did things might not have worked out anyway. I know from my experience with some girls I have worked with they have liked me at first because of my appearance but then lose interest in the boyfriend department when they realize I'm a big goofball and have a tendency to not always take things seriously.

It seems that for so little actual action on both your parts there is a lot of resentment being harbored. Yeah the facebook thing was stupid. Yeah she wasn't upfront about things (agreed to go out and then give you the runaround after). You guys both made mistakes and what has happened has happened. You don't need to tell her off or anything like that, it might make you feel better now but what if in the future you change your mind and want her as a friend, or try again? The last memory will be of you telling her off. Not cool.

There isn't much you can do currently unfortunately.

All you can do is find something to take your mind off it as much as possible. It will help speed along the process of feeling better about all this. And when you feel better you will be able to go places. As in you will be able to talk to her in a positive happy way which who knows, might spark that interest back up. In due time of course. Or you will not have any baggage to carry around and think about in the future.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

i really think that is the reason. She once while working with me asked if i have a girlfriend. I think i shoulda asked her then

day 1 has passed. So far not bad, goin out with some friends tonight

thats it keep yourself busy! best thing to do.

i still think about her everyday, but i guess its less and less....

i cant stop thinking about her. Itll never get better

2 weeks is nothing. Wait for the six month milestone.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.