+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She suggests stuff to do then makes excuses

She suggests stuff to do then makes excuses

I'm in love with a female friend. It used to be so casual when I would tell her what was going on that weekend, or ask her to meet up for drinks. Now when I ask her to do stuff she always has something else going on. Maybe she can tell I like her and she is trying to keep her distance, or maybe she's annoyed that I haven't asked her out on a date.

Anyways I asked her if she was going to be around this week (spring break) and she said yeah, and she wants to have a little get together and watch this one show she likes. I'm like cool, two days later I call her up. She texts back a little later asking whats up, I asked her if she wanted to come over day after tomorrow to watch the show. She texts back saying she's got something that night, another day would be better. Well I'm really busy this week but I did suggest two other nights I've got free. She texts back Maybe, because her friends Might be coming into town this weekend, and she'll let me know!

So the ball is pretty much in her court now, right?

Why did she suggest this activity and then make excuses to get out of it? I suggested two nights and she ignored one and made an excuse for the other one. It's very transparent.

WTF do I do now?

If you keep chasing her you will only be teaching her you have nothing better to do. Thats not terribly attractive. Balls in her court. Move on with your life and see what happens. Date other girls too.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-