+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can a song heal a broken heart?

Can a song heal a broken heart?

Are there any rules on how to help time heal all wounds? I hope not because I have found that listening to sad songs somehow makes me feel better about being dumped. Is it because I identify with the message in the music or is it because I am subconciously glad that someone else in the world is feeling my paid. Take for instance the song sweety by a group called urban afrikan. A song about being dumped in the most unceremonious way made me feel better about my own dumping. Maybe I just found a friend there and that's why it spoke to me. Anyone else ever had that?

sma is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyTops View Post
    Are there any rules on how to help time heal all wounds? I hope not because I have found that listening to sad songs somehow makes me feel better about being dumped. Is it because I identify with the message in the music or is it because I am subconciously glad that someone else in the world is feeling my paid. Take for instance the song sweety by a group called urban afrikan. A song about being dumped in the most unceremonious way made me feel better about my own dumping. Maybe I just found a friend there and that's why it spoke to me. Anyone else ever had that?
    I too find that listening to sad songs does help me feel i'm not alone in experiencing a break up. I like listening to already gone by Kelly Clarkson.

To me I have found more responses and healing properties in movies (500 days of Summer was one of them).
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.