+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to play it cool?

How to play it cool?

Ok so a bit of you have been kind enough to comment on my story but I have one more question (sorry ...) as I stated in my last post I will be in the same building with the "ex/baby girl's father" after not being in close contact for nearly a year and a half, it's always been only in passing. Im nervous to death, the thought of it makes me want to throw up. I think he has a feeling he still does "something" to me, Im still trying to figure out what exactly that "thing he does" IS. Anyways, how do you play it cool, or how do I play it cool in the courtroom. I know he is going to try and get some words in to hurt me, how do I show I don't give a darn. Retorting back I think is definitely out. What could I do that in a guys mind he would know nothing he says can get to me and trust me he is going to definitely try me. The very thought Im shaking even now kinda. Its been on my mind so much that I dreamed of him last night and being in the same vicinity as him and woke up unable to go back to sleep. So I need advice like asap. Court in only 8 more days *stomach turns* ugh...help.
    Last edited by LouisianaLady29; 22-03-10 at 09:58 AM.

Look, I'm going to give you the same advice I give to anyone in a desperate situation like this: try meditation. I know a lot of people view it with skepticism but it really does allow to adopt whatever state of mind you choose. And in your situation, I doubt you'll miss the 20 minutes required to try it. Can't hurt anything, but it can certainly help a lot.

I'm going to direct you to [url=http://www.learningmeditation.com]Learning Meditation Home Page[/url]. Each person is different but in the "meditation room" link I found the one that helped me the most was "Discover your Inner Guide".

If you feel it's beneath you I suggest you practice your poker face, but I'll tell you right now that if you're going to fall to pieces just being in the same room as him it won't matter how much you practice keeping your face impassive. It'll show in the rest of your body. Which is why I'm recommending meditation. It gave me incredible strength in dealing with my ex.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!

Thanx 1337 Ill def check it out, anything is worth a shot. Im so nervous. And the thought of him bringing a woman with him which just to try and upset me, its something dealing with us and our child, he is going to bring a third party, a woman who will be all over him just to get under my skin. So believe me nothing recommended short of anything that is going to hurt me is "beneath me" Thank you for the link and your suggestions.

I don't think its something you learn overnight...I never show people how I'm feeling and I have a tendency to bury everything down...that means that nobody knows when they hurt me but it also is a problem in that I have problem showing how much I care about somebody...I'm somewhat emotionally detached.

But if you can do it...just look right at them, show no emotion on your face, don't smile, don't scowl and don't blink excessively...and stare his ass down as he speaks making sure to look in his eyes...that guy sounds like a huge pussy to me...I bet if you do that he will crack and look away first.

Instill your dominance...it works among primates and what many people don't know is that we actually do it as well.