+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPARTACUS: at last something for us women

SPARTACUS: at last something for us women

I have recently discovered a new TV show called Spartacus Blood and Sand.

If you get the chance ladies watch it.

Warning though: you need to go past the blood scenes...it is actually a captivating show where for once men show more flesh than women.

It is the first time that male actors are shot pretty much like women, great emphasis on bodies, body parts, there's even a full frontal of one of the lead actors...

The men plastic is amazing, the sex scenes are arty and powerful...

I want to bed a gladiator!!!!

Of course guys there is also plenty of beautiful actresses!
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

The classic movie Spartacus is a cliche referring to gay guys. Any guy who says he loves that movie is as gay as Ricky Martin. I would imagine the TV show is carrying on the tradition.

I'm all for it. Full frontal! Yay!
    Spammer Spanker

I've been called gay for liking this tv show.

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    I've been called gay for liking this tv show.
    Tell people you like it because you know it turns girls on.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Tell people you like it because you know it turns girls on.
    haha it was a girl the one who called me gay. The tv show turns girls on?

It does turn ME on...

I don't think it's a gay show you know with all these action scenes + nude women...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Quote Originally Posted by sookie6 View Post
    It does turn ME on...

I don't think it's a gay show you know with all these action scenes + nude women...
    Yeah.. besides, it's not like I get turned on...

I hated the first episode...having a B.A. in ancient history and one in classic cultures makes it hard to not pick that kind of stuff apart....I hated 300 as well....there are just so many problems with both of them.

The only series or movie anybody has ever come close on to be being historically accurate while at the same time being entertaining was the series Rome on HBO...it only ran 2 seasons although it was only supposed to be one show so they did pretty good...a lot of people wanted it brought back but it cost HBO millions upon millions to make so they stopped doing it....I'd advise buying seasons 1 and 2...there is plenty of violence and sex which was pretty much the pastimes in Rome.

My biggest problem is that they take such great stories as they were like the story of the Battle of Thermopylae and the story of the slave uprising led by Spartacus during the Third Servile War and just turn it into something it wasn't at all when what really happened was amazing to begin with...and before anybody says anything I know we don't have exact details on Thermopylae but we know there were at least 7,000 Greek allies and there were certainly no Persian mutants...plus they pretty much took the naval battle out of the movie and the strategic importance of the Athenian navy holding so the Greeks couldn't be flanked from the sea....of course little is also know about Spartacus as well but that doesn't mean they have to fabricate Roman culture...at least keep that part in place.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

I don't think Spartacus is historically accurate.

I am watching it because the plot and the acting is pretty good.

A lot of people had trouble go past the first episode but if you like edgy twists and stories of betrayal, unexpected events and characters you growattached to...Spartacus is the show you should watch...

I mentioned this show to a friend who had a degree in History and just like you he said he had a strong preference for Rome...

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    The classic movie Spartacus is a cliche referring to gay guys. Any guy who says he loves that movie is as gay as Ricky Martin.
    Spartacus was one of Stanley Kubrick's finest films and is one of the best epics ever made. I dare you to watch it again and tell me you weren't moved.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

dewilliams, it's not accurate, it's just brutal and with a decent plot... I love sword fights, can't blame me.

I would say the plot is more than decent; it 's really good.

Quote Originally Posted by sookie6 View Post
    I would say the plot is more than decent; it 's really good.
    Well, it is good, but sometimes it's predictable. Last week's episode was one I didn't think would end up the way it did though.

If they're not claiming to be documentaries they can't be expected to follow through on historical accuracy, though it's definitely preferable if it's possible to pull it off.

It's like how people complained about The Hurt Locker and how it detracts from the more realistic procedures of disarming bombs - it might be true, but no one would want to watch a movie about a couple of guys sitting in a shed and defusing bombs with a remote-controlled robot where the most action they'd see would be the camera feed going blank. For better or worse, entertainment tends to come first.

But to me these stories are already amazing...its like when somebody tries to cover a Led Zeppelin song...you just can't do it....its even worse when they try to do Queen....I know they are not claiming to be a documentary but don't take stories that are already cool in their own right and twist them into what they are not because then there are kids running around (talking more about 300 now) who think they know the real story and its irritating.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast