+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Legs keep going numb...

Legs keep going numb...

For the past few weeks it seems that it doesn't take much to make my legs go numb. I can sit indian style, cross legged... or even sitting in one position too long will do it. I'm not sure what exactly to think of this, but it's very inconvenient...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

That has been happening to me lately but i think it's because i've been on the PC more than usual.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

You might want to check it out with your doctor..P.A.D. can cause it. Not enough circulation can cause blood clots and strokes.

I wonder if the way I walk might have some effect... I tend to walk on my toes... always have. This manner of walking has shortened my calf muscles, and causes pain if I try to walk "normally" for too long.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

What's P.A.D.?

- James Allen

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    PAD = peripheral arterial disease.

could be a mineral or vitamin deficiency... maybe B-12 or magnesium.

Are you diabetic?

(i don't know that the way you walk is a factor.)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I looked up the symptoms for PAD... and do not experience the kind of pain they are describing... if I walk on my toes the pain usually goes away. The numbness comes and goes.

I am not diabetic... though I do tend to eat considerable amounts with little gain in weight... which has always puzzled me.

My diet includes many fruits and vegetables... as well as meats... so I'm not sure if there are any deficiencies.

- James Allen