+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how long??

how long??

hey, im a 17 year old guy and i met a girl the other day. We talked for about 5 hours and really got on, she said i was funny nd she gave me her number, im planning to text her tommorrow (3 days after meeting her) asking if we can hang out for a day sometime early this week. my question is that how long should i be a friend to her before asking her out? i know taking it slow is crucial and im relaxed about that i just have no idea how long a girl considers being more than friends after first meeting a guy she likes.

thanks,

Start flirting with her as soon as possible. Not necessarily a lot, but enough that she understands that you're interested. Otherwise, if you play like you're just her friend for too long, you will get stuck in the friend zone. And that's a hard place to escape.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Well if you had waited 3 days to call me, I'd have assumed not that high of an interest and you'd be history.

I guess you think that if you call a girl earlier than 3 days, she'd think you were a desperado?
    If we women really like a guy, we love the interest he shows, we can't get enough of it.

Just noticed you are only 17......still a baby at dating.....awwww

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think the three day wait is okay, but don't let it go longer than that. And I agree - ask her out right away. This will keep you out of the "friend zone", and if she isn't interested in you romantically, it will also save you a lot of time and energy.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?