+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wooing a girl

wooing a girl

I was curious about how to have a girl wooed (aka get her to like me) ?
    Does being friendly(not flirting though) to her friends count?
    I want her to think that I'm serious with her but NOT a player.

You have to be a lot more specific than this chief.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you woo my friends I'll assume you want to woo them right into bed. Befriend ME (aka the girl you like).

There are certain instances where a guy only focuses on the girl he likes ~coming off as needy. I don't want to be that kind of guy!
    I can have life with other girls too BUT want to be exclusive only with this one girl. At the same time, I don't want her to feel that I'm flirting with any girl I came across with.
    As girl68 mentioned, I have no intention with her friends just plain chatting. Plus, I don't want to make her jealous too ~had a bad experience in the past, don't want to go down that road anymore.
    happy, and still keep on happy'ing

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So what the hell are you asking? Talking to her isn't going to get her thinking you might like her gonna have to work on your game a heck of a lot more.

Do nice things for her. Find out what she likes from Starbucks or wherever and bring it to her one day. Better yet, ask her out. This is a surefire way to find out if she digs you too, and you won't get shoved into the friend zone. Too many guys try to very slowly insert themselves into the life of a girl they like, and then complain when the girl says, "Oh, you're great, but I think we make better friends."

What do you mean by nice things!? Buying flowers, chocolates & all. Isn't it like other 100 people also do the same?
    happy, and still keep on happy'ing

Quote Originally Posted by genesys4 View Post
    What do you mean by nice things!? Buying flowers, chocolates & all. Isn't it like other 100 people also do the same?
    I wouldn't suggest buying chocs and flowers this early....comes across as creepy. Know it would creep me out if some guy I hardly knew bought some chocolates. I mean I'd be flattered, but it's kinda creepy too....lol

Also wouldn't suggest flirting with her friends if it's her you want.
    Any guy flirting with my friend, I'd assume he liked my friend and was interested in her.

Just be yourself. Focus your attention on her. Talk to her, make her laugh....we like a guy who can make us laugh.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 06-04-10 at 11:39 PM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Coffee is way different than chocolates and flowers.

Wow... I really do have to spell it out. Okay. Doing nice things for a girl does not have to involve dropping money. In fact, it looks much better for you if you can show your interest in genuine and personal ways. Ask her questions about herself. What's her favorite food? Her favorite movie? Find out what you guys have in common. Some people don't do this and then find that they're a total mismatch 'cause she likes to go out clubbing and the guy just wants to stay at home. Do some homework on this girl!

PAY ATTENTION to what she says. You can use little clues to your advantage. For example, let's say you go get coffee together and you overhear her order. Commit it to memory so that next time you can surprise her with something she likes. She will be impressed by the gesture AND the fact that you bothered to remember her order.

One thing that impressed me about my boyfriend is his ability to be mindful. Even if he's just going to Jack In The Box, he'll pick me up something he knows I like.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    Wow... I really do have to spell it out. Okay. Doing nice things for a girl does not have to involve dropping money. In fact, it looks much better for you if you can show your interest in genuine and personal ways.
    Thaanks, at least I'm not the only one who thinks that way. I'm with you 100%.

I appreciate all of your concerns and regarding all the things you girls mentioned that I ought to do, well, I'm way past those stages with this particular girl already - take her out (several times), her fav food (chicken chop), her hobby (shopping, duh!) although not to the fullest.
    So girls, what's next (in order to remain exclusive with this girl)? I had problem in the past where I'm way too friendly with the-girl-I'm-trying-to-woo's friends (not this particular girl though)...

Your response to her favorite hobby "shopping, duh!" makes me think you need a lot more practice at this dating thing. Oh, and tact. Get some of that.

Not all girls like shopping...

My gf loves shopping...well actually clothes...I don't know if it is the shopping or the clothes part she likes the best...but they are related and I haven't dissected it yet....so some women do really fit that stereotype.

That isn't all of her though...she also loves staying in and listening to alternative music and dancing badly with me in the living room after we have had a few...thats pretty much how we spend out weekends....we don't have a lot of money....but even though I suck at dancing she loves the fact that I dance with her...even in public I make an ass outta myself because I know that I'm with the most beautiful girl in the room.

She also once told me that while I'm not romantic in terms of candle lit dinners and such...I've always been there for her and I've always takin care of her when she needed it and she found that extremely romantic.

I mean every woman is different but what you have to do is listen to her and talk to her, treat her like she is the only woman in the room (that means don't look at that girls ass...yea I know its nice, eyes forward...ignore it)...if her friends are around certainly be nice to them but always nicer to her and always give her your attention.

Treat her like a lady always...until its time to not.

Basically be a nice guy and be yourself...if you can't get her with that then its not gonna work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast