+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Getting over first love...

Getting over first love...

So me and my now ex were together for 4 years. sophomore year in high school to sophomore year in college. We havnt been together for over a month now and ive been doing really well. Ive hooked up with a couple people, nothing serious, and just tried to move on. Yesterday she called me however and asked if i wanted to try and save our relationship. I didnt know what to tell her because we had taken multiple breaks in the past 6 months due to fighting. Now im afraid to jump back in because i was devastated when we first broke up but then i was doing better. She then told me she had hooked up with a guy and went on a few dates with him and now im back to square one..im devastated again..i know ive done the same thing, but hearing her tell me she did it absolutly killed me..we were eachothers first love and first to sleep with..she didnt sleep with anyone else, but knowing that she did hook up with someone kills me..i guess what im trying to figure out is what is it like to date someone else..i dated a good few girls before my ex, but i never felt a connection the way we did..i fell in love with her..and now i dont know how to go on without her..will i find someone i can be equally if not more in love with? any advise will help..thanks

The only way you'll know how it is dating someone else is to do exactly that. I'd give it a few more months, if you can't go a day without thinking about her, maybe you should tell her that. People hook up with people to experiment, you did it, she did it, get over it. As for the first love thing, it really is the hardest one to get over, but, life goes on .