+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Husband had an affair last year and still holding on to her emails. What am I to do?

Husband had an affair last year and still holding on to her emails. What am I to do?

I found out last year that my husband was having an affair with an old acquaintance from college. She had been doing through a divorce because her husband cheated and looked my husband up after not having any contact for 6 years, knowing full well he was married. After I found out, my husband claimed it was an emotional affair and that they NEVER met up. In December he asked for a divorce and we have attempted at reconciling since but its been very tough. I'm very hurt and he wavers a lot. Something about all of this just kept bothering me over the months and so in February, I thought to try to get into his email. I guessed the password to his work email (I've never snooped like this before and felt horrible doing so!) and upon gaining access found full proof of a physical affair. Emails, photos, you name it. My husband knows that I know this because there was a huge falling out, etc. He came out of it saying that he wanted to reconcile, he did not want a divorce, etc.

A few weeks ago, I asked to see his email. He opened his inbox, but I wanted to go into his folders. He would not open them and when I asked why, he said there were old emails from her in there. Mind you, I do NOT want to read the emails but him freezing up right then and there told me all I needed to know! He said they were old but it was clear by the bold name of the folder that there were several unread emails in there so how am I to know that they are "old"? He totally would not be open with me and now I'm not sure what to do next?????

Divorce him, that's what. If he were really interested in reconciliation, she would be erased from his life.
    Spammer Spanker