+ Follow This Topic

Thread: need advice should i go for it?

need advice should i go for it?

dont wanna type out the whole story long story short dated this girl 3 years ago for 7 months fell in "love" after the 7 months she had moved like 30 minutes away with her family and she calls me up after a week and says she fell out of love with me and fell in love with this other guy over there well its been about 3 years now she called me up and wanted to hang out we hung out for a few hours we came back to my neighborhood hung out with some of my friends went trail ridin out here she's kinda hinting that she wants to get back with me tellin me how i treated her better than all her other boyfriends but i really dont know what to do she was my first love and when she left i was really effed up for a while (i know it was only 7 months but idk how to explain it) dont really know if i should go for it like a round 2 kinda thing lol any advice?

help

please.

THere is no need to go after her.. thats all.

10-4 thats what my gut is tellin me but that other thing in there has diff. ideas

Hmm... Ask yourself what's making you uncertain about going for it a second time - are you unsure of your feelings for her or are you afraid she will reject you again? I've always thought that the first time, when your first love rejects you, is the worst and then it's never as bad again. If it's rejection you're afraid of, go for it anyways. Really, after all, you've got nothing to lose, right? Ask her to tell you honestly how she feels about you, if she'd be up for giving something a try to see where it goes - that if she's interested, so are you. If she says no or she's not sure, just give her space and respect that & no need to be sore. Once you've let it out, you'll feel alot better instead of being all bottled up with uncertainty, and this way you'll know for sure how she feels and be able to let it go. But be sure of your feelings for her - if you're 100% certain you love her then that's all you have to do - offer her that love and let her decide whether or not to accept - either way, you'll be letting it go and will feel better, knowing you're sure of yourself and done all you can about it.

First and foremost her hinting is not enough, she needs to be completely straight-up about her intentions, desires and feelings. You guys need to discuss how things have changed over the last three years before you get back in the swing of things, make sure you are not just her run-to rebound guy. Honestly though, seems like she now realises your true value, sometimes people have to move on and date others before things become clear - you let her go and she willingly came back to you, does that not mean a thing? You have had plenty of time apart, three whole damn years and yet still somehow you have managed to find each other again, I know she hurt you in the past but you are both older and wiser now (I hope!), and I don't know about you but I like to live a life without regrets, a life that is free of any 'what-ifs', you don't want to spend the next few years kicking yourself and wondering whether you made the right decison. All the best dude.
    Last edited by Jas_mine; 08-04-10 at 04:27 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!

she is all about gettin back with me im the one who was like well.... idk lets just hang out for now and see what happens and then she was like well if it cant be like it was before at least us hangin out and bein friends is better than nothing... and i think whats making me uncertain is mostly because it took me a long time to get over her and i don't wanna get back into it and get hurt again then it would kinda be like fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me lol i think im just gonna hang out with her every now and again and see what happens its also weird because im like a 2 and she's like a 10!! but then at the same time her leaving me made me the person i am today i've had way more confidence and i try to live life one day at a time any more input and yalls opinions would be appreciated

I think the best answer to such a question can be given to you by a relationship expert. Hey, once 'd tried posting a query on Femina's Website to a relationship expert and I got an immediate reply. Why don't you go the same way. Don't jump the gun by taking the most important decison of yr life by simply asking the fellow ppl here. Instead, get a professional advice for free on their website. Just google search femina, you'll find their website.

I'm gonna go the other way. I wouldn't take her back.

She walked out on you once for another man she thought she was in love with after only a week, who is to say the same won't happen again?

I personally would never take anyway back, that had left me for someone else. I don't play 'second best' very well.....but that's just me.

and thats how i thought i was no second chance's cause in my eyes if your truely in love you never feel the need to have to be with someone else im thinkin about just ignoring her some more and not date her but hell if she is willing to put out im down for that