+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is she really interested or too afraid to say no thanks....

Is she really interested or too afraid to say no thanks....

I have a date with a girl on Friday. I was introduced to her through a friend about a week and a half ago. I hung out with our mutual friends and her twice and she invited me to her costume party this past Saturday which I went to. All seems well. My friend says she is interested and that I should ask her out. I do and she says yes to going out on Friday. This happened on Monday. Once again all is well.

Yesterday I texted her to ask her about something not related to our date and she responded no problem. After that I asked her what time she will be ready after work on Friday. She works till 7. She replied 14 hours later with a simple "8". Maybe I am reading way to much into this and as I type this it seems maybe a tad insecure but I would think that someone who is interested would say something like sorry for not getting back to you, pick me up at 8 or 8 o clock, cant wait to go out or something. Anyway, i just confirmed it and am going to not contact her obviously until I knock on her front door. Either way I guess I will roll with it and have a good time or a enjoy an epic fail of a date....

Ladies I would love for you to enlighten me with your wisdom. Thanks in advance.

she coulda been busy at the moment...maybe in the middle of something, talking to somebody, driving but she wanted to make sure she did eventually get to you....its a possibility....I think if she didn't wanta talk to you then she wouldn't.

Update lol.

I get a text from her around 3pm today. It is as follows....

"Hey Jswedge, I'm gonna have to cancel tonight. I got called into work - guess the girl is broken out in hives. I'm sorry. Can I reschedule?"

So there goes. I simply responded "Its no big deal, have a good weekend"

She responds with...

I am sorry - I was looking forward to it.

Legit?

Could be...give it a few days...maybe a week and then make plans with her again...if she acts like she doesn't want to or cancels again then you can either A) cut your losses and give up or B) pursue her if you think you can change her mind.

It could be legit yah. I know someone who texts very short replies, that's just how some people are. And her sorry was 9 words long!

Give her another chance

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She asked you to reschedule! You should have jumped right on it.

If I just weren't interested, i would have said "I'm sorry, maybe we can try again some other time". (vague)

I definitely wouldn't have said "can I reschedule?"
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I was thinking of replying like this, "Oh, if you do want to try again another day, pick a date and time and Ill pick a place. If you don't,, then that's cool too."

Thoughts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    leave off the last line. It sounds kind of pathetic.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Agreed. Nix the last line, but the rest is good.

Okay, I sent her what I said and she responded this morning. She said "I def want to try to do it again" That is all fine and dandy but does she want me to suggest a day again?

I'm thinking she's not highly interested, because she isn't showing 'that' much interest. She was the one to cancel the date, says she wants to reshedule and try it again'......but doesn't put in anymore effort....which to me is all talk, no action.

I'd give her 'one' more chance, as in to suggest another date and see if she shows up. If not, then I'd kiss this one goodbye for she isn't interested and I wouldn't waste my time on wishy washy people.

Well we now have plans to do something Tuesday. However, I am thinking she is not into this and I am thinking of just being straight forward and asking her about this. I mean I am a grown man, If she is not interested then why waster both of our times. It will not hurt my ego or anything, so why not be completely direct and ask her? Thoughts ladies?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i think if you have already set up another date, then you should stop bringing in so much negative energy in to it. If you ask her if she is wasting your time, you will look as though you are pressing her for more than is appropriate from a girl you haven't ever dated. Can't you just relax and enjoy? Dating is for getting to know each other - not making ridiculous statements of intent to someone you don't even know.

You know you are right. Even though I have a bad feeling about this, you are still right. What the heck am I worried about. If it is a good date or disaster, its no biggie. Thank you, Vashti, I am going to roll with it and see what happens.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just make it a cheap date so you don't waste too much money if you don't like each other... Go for coffee, or something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast