+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need help, should I make contact again?

Need help, should I make contact again?

Hello,

I am so glad to have found this forum. This is going to sound weird; but, I had this crush on my teacher in high school who was reasonably young and not married. Well, my crush felt like love at first sight. Plus, he seemed to like me by giving me compliments. I have never been able to shake this crush. It's now been 5 years later. Looking back I think he was the one. Should l try contacting him and telling him what I feel? I just don't want him to think I am weird or something; but, at the same time I really feel it's important. I have never felt this deep about any guy. I don't want to waste an opportunity if we were to be a good match. What do you think? Also, what would be the best way to say I like you through e-mail?
    Last edited by WonderGurl; 09-04-10 at 02:33 AM.

Well for one, you are both adults now (I'm assuming), so you should just go for it. Two, me being a guy, I would absolutely NOT think you were weird for expressing interest after many years. I would refrain from mentioning any talk about him being "the one", but expressing your interest is fine.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Thanks for the advice! Yes, we are both adults.

I'd personally find it creepy if someone contacted me out of the blue I hadnt seen in five years and who spilled their feelings for me! I'd be like WTF???....lol. More so if there had been no romance or relationship between us.

While you may feel deep about him, he may not have/nor be feeling the same about you. Guy could also be married now with 2 or 3 kids.....

Think you need to be doing your research first and before you do anything.

I guess it does sound a little creepy. I mean I probably would not say I like him bluntly. I asked a guy what he thought and he said just go for it and it would not be weird if he were in his position at all. We are both adults; but, I have know way of knowing if he has kids or not. I somehow doubt it.

FYI, I merged and moved your thread. Only one thread per topic, please.

i see no reason why you shouldn't try to contact him since you're both adults. You might as well find out if there could be something there than spend your life wondering.
    Spammer Spanker

Thanks! Sorry about posting twice. I thought it might be weird because I am contacting him out of the blue. How would I even begin to phrase it in an e-mail?

Unless you already have communicated by email you shouldn't initiate contact via email. That would seem bit weird. Maybe Facebook or something like that. You could always revisit your school and "happen" to bump into him and start a conversation. I visit my old high school a few times every year to see my old teachers and catch up with them.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Good idea, maybe through facebook. I know that he is teaching at another school now.

Tread carefully - although you are both adults now it doesn't detract from the fact that you are still his ex-student, and he may well be weirded out by that. And please don't act stalker-ish, the whole email thing it a tad try-hard and too obvious, you want to be cool and casual. Also, do you even know anything about him?? Like relationship-wise? It's probs best to figure out where he's at first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!

It's fine if you want to reconnect with him, but all this talk about him being the one seems unrealistic. That's the expectation I would most try and temper if I were you.

Just because you feel it's meant to be somehow, doesn't mean that he will.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

I think the Facebook suggestion was a good one , if you are that desperate to get in contact. Just make on that you saw his pic while browsing or whatever, or you were looking up your old teachers.
    Being his facebook friend will also make you aware if he has a gf or wife or kids.