+ Follow This Topic

Thread: made a mistake - need urgent help!

made a mistake - need urgent help!

Hi guys, im new to this forum so im not sure if this is the right section but i need some advice.

ok, so me and my girlfriend have been together nearly 5 months, im her 1st boyfriend, and shes my first serious relationship.

i used to cheat alot on my previous girlfriends for a reason i dont even know, i regret how i was and i was a total man-slag.

but when me and my girlfriend were first together, i told my ex i still loved her behind my girlfriends back. even though i didnt i just told my ex really what she wanted to hear, and she agreed to keep it secret bla bla bla. but afterwards me and my girlfriend started to get close and iv actually fallen in love with her. but i fear that the secret of what happened when we were first together is slowly coming out and to my ex's friends and i dont know what i should do, can anyone help? its really bothering me.

my ex's friends are starting to make stupid comments to me at school or in town now. i need help. fast! please i dont want to lose my girlfriend

thank you

Honesty is the best policy. Its in the past, it belongs in the past. If you feel its an issue, be honest about it and the two of you should move on. It doesnt sound like a big deal to me, but I'm not a teen anymore either
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Thank you for your reply. how would you say the best way to explain it would be? do i wait to see if somethings said to her or do i tell her now? i hope she will know and understand that it was a stupid mistake in the past and wont happen again

You can't help whether she will understand or not. You can maximize your chances here though. If she hears it from you before she hears it from somebody else, I think she will be more understanding. Don't get me wrong, she will be hurt and probably pissed off, but its alot better coming from you. Just let her know that it was weighing on your conscience and that you just wanted her to know that in case she heard it differently from somebody else. I don't know if there is a way to spin this positively. You used to care about your exgirlfriend, told her that when you started dated your current girlfriend, and now she doesn't mean anything and you only care for the current one. It's not an easy thing to do.

Just curious what you cheating on your ex's have to do with anything? Is that what you are afraid your current girlfriend is going to find out?
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Don't sweat it. You will eventually lose your girlfriend for some reason. You are in school. Young romances never last.
    No I am not being cynical. I married really young, and learned some hard lessons.
    Just enjoy what you have right now, and let nature take its course. The truth will leak out no matter how you hide it.
    Why torture yourself?

My girlfriend knows what a cheat i was, but its a problem because if people say i have cheated on my current girlfriend then she will take it worse because she will think i have gone back to how i used to be