+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this worth it?

Is this worth it?

I met this girl at school in december and we went on a date, it went pretty good I think. And we had quit a few things in common. But she moved back home across the state (8 hours away). I thought that should be it, and I said bye, but we talked a little on facebook. But I was wondering would it even be worth it to try to start it again and how well would it work being 8 hours away?

I don't think it's worth it, you barely even know this girl...

I'll have to agree with the_robot. Just meet someone who lives near you and you'll forget all about the other girl, guaranteed. If you don't believe me try it to prove me wrong
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

You're too young to be involved in such nonsense
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

I guess it really depends how strongly you feel about this girl, and if she mirrors your feelings too. If you had been a couple dating for quite some time, and getting serious in your relationship, it may have been worth trying to keep hold of what you have. Long-distance relationships are hard, especially if they are newly-founded ones....
    The question really is whether or not you believe her worth the distance and the time....and the heartache

why not? what have you got to lose?
    i guess it will be more dificult to you to stop the relationship with her than to go on with this because you have feeling for her.
    beside, you never know what is going to happen, maybe she & her family will move closer to you some day?
    my advice - keep be in contact with her and try to take it easy...

After one date? There are couples who have been together for years, whom are then forced apart and don't survive the long-distance curse, not quite sure what chance you stand? The two people involved have got to already be committed to each other, faithful, trusting and patient in order to withstand long-distance, therefore it sounds rather ridiculous and bleak in your scenario. Stick to somebody local dude.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!

thanks for all the responses, but i thought about it and i don't think a long distance relationship is worth it