+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Hello

Hey, i'm not really a new member here, but i suppose i will be new to most of you.

For those of you who know me, a lot has changed in my live over the past few years.

I have quit doing drugs, and met my beautiful wife who I am very happily married to. We have been married for 2 years now. Maybe a few kiddies in another year or two, I don't know yet. Wifey is getting the itch i think. We bought our first house this past year, and are just very excited about life at the moment.

My wife is a native Texan, and she's got all her Texas pride despite us living here in PA. The space between her family and my family is defiantly tough on her, but she's a trooper and handles it very well. We end up flying to Texas a lot for visits which is nice.

On the more depressing side of things, I still have chronic insomnia, and take medication every night, in addition to other medication for my OCD/Anxiety issues that probably stem from my past drug use in the first place.

Back to the good stuff... :-)

I am still working as a software/network programmer and unix security administrator for a small business, and work is going very very well. Kayla is just finishing up her cosmetology studies, and will be graduating here in about 2 weeks!

Umm, what else... oh we also have a little doggy and a cat.

I think that is everything... hope to get back in the swing with you guys. :-)

I was just thinking about you the other day. I was reading an old thread on another forum where you posted your wedding pics and they were SO CUTE. I'm so glad you're happy.
    Spammer Spanker

I was trying to remember if i did post those or not. Do you know where that thread is? can you link me to it? PLEASE Giga?

Are Lloyd, and Vashti still around?

Quote Originally Posted by dono01 View Post
    I am still working as a software/network programmer and unix security administrator for a small business, and work is going very very well.
    Uhhh you and I could have some interesting chats

I was trying to remember if i did post those or not. Do you know where that thread is? can you link me to it? PLEASE Giga?

Are Lloyd, and Vashti still around?
    Just Vash. Lloyd hasn't been around in years. TAVS has been popping up in the last few weeks, though.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    Uhhh you and I could have some interesting chats
    Any time man. :-)

If you ever want to hear a good story, I have plenty of those too.

Any time man. :-)

If you ever want to hear a good story, I have plenty of those too.
    Haha I have blogs on my feed about sysadmins just because I love to hear what the lusers are capable of

I'm relatively new to the unix/programming world, just about 3 years since my first contact (basically because I didn't have a computer I could toy with before) but I'm considered pretty good at both . I still remember when I started building the gentoo kernel after 2 months since my first contact.. haha

Haha I have blogs on my feed about sysadmins just because I love to hear what the lusers are capable of
    Short story time.

Once there was a boy named dono. He was about 13 years of age, when he hacked his first ISP housing government servers and confidential documents. The little boy owned everything, and had fun doing it. Then he got too cocky and gave himself in, and the NSA got pissed and sent him a letter with a fine. Ever since then he's been nothing but trouble... ;-)

THE END.

I still remember when I started building the gentoo kernel after 2 months since my first contact.. haha
    That's great!

damn dude, i almost forgot...I wasn't around too often but yeah i remember our hacker boy dono. haha...those were the times!
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Once there was a boy named dono. He was about 13 years of age, when he hacked his first ISP housing government servers and confidential documents. The little boy owned everything, and had fun doing it. Then he got too cocky and gave himself in, and the NSA got pissed and sent him a letter with a fine. Ever since then he's been nothing but trouble... ;-)
    Haha you are awesome, I haven't ever tried hacking into any servers except my own machines, but that's impressive.. how come didn't they offer you a job?

Haha you are awesome, I haven't ever tried hacking into any servers except my own machines, but that's impressive.. how come didn't they offer you a job?
    Eh, I dunno. I think maybe that stuff only happens in Hollywood.

Eh, I dunno. I think maybe that stuff only happens in Hollywood.
    Bah, I'd keep my eye on a kid who is capable of doing that... not offer him a job directly but when he grows up, most probably.

Bah, I'd keep my eye on a kid who is capable of doing that... not offer him a job directly but when he grows up, most probably.
    Yeah, i would too.

Well that was more than 10 years ago, so i think it's safe to say that a job hasn't come directly out of that incident.

welcome back dono! glad things are going good for you.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Well that was more than 10 years ago, so i think it's safe to say that a job hasn't come directly out of that incident.
    Well, at least you have a job in your field, it could be worse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast