+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A message from my ex - what should i do

A message from my ex - what should i do

is been just about 2 years that I have been broken up with my ex. We havent talked since until last week when i get an email from her
    what should i do? here is the email
    btw, i have a gf now

xxxxxxxxxx

i was thinking about you the other day. its been a while huh? i cant tell you that ive missed you every day since we stopped talking, but its somewhere in the ballpark. i thought i owed it to you to let you know that i am in a happy relationship now. i have been in this relation for just over a year and now my boyfrined and i are planning to get married. i thought you should know. i thought i should be the one to break you this news. i still care about you and you hold a special place in my heart that will never go away. that you should remember, if time has managed to erase our memories for you.

i dont know what you are up to these days. at times i wonder if you went on with your plan to pursue happiness in the wild, away from everyone. or perhaps you found someone who can understand you better than i ever did. but it also scares me sometimes to think if you still exist. i gather myself together though for you were the one who once told me what it means to 'exist' and to 'live'. i hope you have not changed the way you used to carry your stream of consciousness, how you used to smile and make others smile. i hope the world around you hasnt gotten the best of you and you have learnt to contain your impulse to implode. its all hopes and dreams from here on.

i think i may cry if i continue writing to you like this. i guess i have to before i can go on with the decision that i have made for my life. though, you and i both know, nothing is written on stone. no matter what direction our lives take, things will merge together at the end and it will all be clear for all to see. i am always here for you.

I'd ignore it. Sounds like you have both moved on ...what is there to rehash?

You have a gf, she claims to be getting married.
    Unsure why she felt a need to inform you of this.

When I got married, I didnt go broadcasting it to my exes....wtf??

Also....Maybe it's a last ditch attempt, to get you back. She said she was getting married, but maybe, just maybe she would rather be with you and if she can't have you, she will marry him...

It's an odd letter to send I think and I'm thinking along the lines of why I would write a letter to an ex like that.

Talk about a mixed message. That thing is all full of fishhooks and barbed wire. "I'm getting married but I have missed you almost every day since we broke up". and then, "I'm framing this as a closure attempt but it's really an attempt to get you to beg me not to marry someone else".

I say leave it alone. She's got her big spoon out to stir up the drama.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    "I'm framing this as a closure attempt but it's really an attempt to get you to beg me not to marry someone else".
    What I was meaning, only you said it better

Read it, Burn it, Move on. I feel sorry for this persons significant other
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis