+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love Versus Emotions

Love Versus Emotions

Ok....
    I'm about to make discourse with you fine people about a recent 'relationship' I had over the internet. Yes. It was only the internet, But it was one of the deepest loves I ever ever felt for anyone. Last time I felt that deeply was about 11 years ago when I was 13...
    The thing that scares me is how long the feeling lasted.... it only lasted about 2 months and I'm wondering if maybe it was the distance?
    I live in Sydney Australia while the women I loved lives in Rhode Island USA...

It was stressful on the both of us to start with. There was love but also a lot of anxiety and fear of us never being able to meet. I had never felt such motivation and desperation. I was thinking of all these way to make money and save up for us to meet.
    It was on my mind everyday and I missed a lot of my studies to talk to her online and on the phone. I was basically wanting to change my life for her and marry her even though we never met and just before all that happened, I was trying to get a music career going.

Well what happened eventually is I was walking down the road while suddenly I didn't feel the same about her. How can this happen? I was SURE I'd love her forever!

Was it the stress and anxiety of the whole situation and my feelings shut off? I know at the time I was hardly sleeping and eating and running around extremely busy all the time. And also there was this sudden change in my whole life. Can this affect your feelings for someone? Can you suddenly "snap out of it" out of pure self-preservation?

All I know is that she's very heart broken. I had to tell her about my feelings. I couldn't be dishonest.

But here's how things are now. We are still friends and she wants to fly over to meet me in a few months. I LOVE her as a friend and I'm hoping if we meet it will rekindle something more positive than what we had on the net. Because we'll be closer and be able to know each other better. I have fallen for the same person twice before.

I just haven't met anyone so special. I hope it turns out ok in the end.

dont worry hunny u dont want a girl from rode island anyway eww....im not saying that this apllies to u..although it might....some people whitout realize or knowing it like to be in relationships that are hard to work with..long distance is a perfect example. it keeps that thing in mind that ur with someone and ur happy but u have to struggle to keep them....im not sure if im saying this right....my shrink would say it better....think about some of the other relationships u have been in and see if this theory relates
    MAKE RIGHT LIVING GROW
    mUah
    ~Frebbie
    MY FORUM ~~~~~ www.****edforum.tk

LOL!!! yes I've been told Rhode Island is full of shitty people that's part of the reason she wants to visit Australia she wants to get out of the USA as well.

Hi

Im sorry to hear things didnt work out - but yeah i think it was because of the distance between you

Its good that you were honest with her about your feelings.

Its good that you have remained friends, and who knows what will happen IF she comes over to visit you.

Good luck!

teehee nah u should both come to nyc
    MAKE RIGHT LIVING GROW
    mUah
    ~Frebbie
    MY FORUM ~~~~~ www.****edforum.tk