+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What now?

What now?

ok so i really REALLY like this girl we r both 16 and have so much in common.we met in class like 3 months ago. I see her twice a week in class but thats it. we talk on facebook for 2 hours like every other night about what we did that day and stuff. we use facebook because i dont have her number. she knows i like her because i asked her out. she said no because she was in trouble at the time. she also said that she didnt think she would want to go out with me, but that was like before i accually knew her like i knew her for two days. I know her really well now we sit together we talk throught most of the class and sometimes flirt alittle.

shes really great but....Recentally she desided to mess with me by making up a guy name for her best girl friend. she said that she loves him and hes the best person she has ever met. she also said that they sometimes talk about marriage. I asked her why are u telling me this? she said because im so glad to be with him. It really hurt me. we were on facebook at the time so i just said k and logged off. she sent me a message asking if i was mad and that shes sorry if she hurt my feelings. she also explained that she was joking and the guy was her best girl friend. I wrote back saying i wasnt mad and that it was messed up.

when i saw her the next day she asked me if she hurt my feelings. my face was saying yes but i said not really. I said this because i didnt want her to think i was a wimp or something. but she seemed disappointed like she was testing me to see if i really like her. Before she told me the made up guy story she said something very random, she told me a joke. i didnt get it. I asked her after i said she didnt hurt my feelings what it meant and she said, "thats not the point the point is that you....nevermind" she never told me what she was going to say but she sounded sad when she said it.

Ok if you read the whole thing thank you. Anyway i was wondering what i should do? should I tell her the truth that she hurt me. or should i just play it cool? I see her in two days and me lieing to her is eating me up inside. Again I really like her, i might even love her and i would hate to lose her.

thanks.
    Last edited by Alex1234; 18-04-10 at 03:40 PM.

I would tell her the truth, that it did hurt you. But tell her that it's cos you like her, and that it felt like she was trying to make you jealous(or whatever you felt) on purpose(you know she wasn't, but she wouldn't have realised what it would be like for you). And tell her that you're glad it was a joke, but there's better ways to find out how you feel(like asking you? or asking a friend to ask you?) without doing all that stuff.

It just seems stupid what us girls will do just to judge a guy's reaction to if he likes us or not. When I look back, it's all so silly. I guess we thought we were being subtle at the time.

I agree with Charisma. Tell her the truth. And I really think you should try and make that a habit.

If you ever meet "the one" and haven't told her the truth from the beginning it will kill you - kind of like you feel now. The longer you wait to tell the truth the harder it gets. I speak from bitter experience. Good luck, I hope it ends well for you.

Love,
    VanessaFR