I dated my ex for 1 year and 2 weeks. We got a long so well, we made each other so incredibly happy (or so i thought), we've been through so much. I took care of her when she got sick, when she broke her finger, helped her paint her room, literally just gave the relationship my all. I truly loved this girl. We started dating senior year in high school, to the end of freshmen year in college. Some things that made the relationship start to fail were, I admit, I was very possessive of her, but only because I cared about her so much. We slowly stopped talking to our old friends, we made one another our best friend, and it was the most amazing thing I have ever felt.

We took a break before this final decision, it lasted about 4 days and we ended up missing one another soooo much, and she ended up breaking her finger and I took care of her, almost as if I was married to her. That's another thing, it got to the point where we were basically married at the age of 19. I realize that was bad.

I'm still trying to figure out if she ever really "loved" me or was just in love with having such an amazing boyfriend.

She went away on vacation and slowly started to distance herself from me, we went from saying goodnight I love you and good morning sweetie, etc you know how it goes, to maybe 1 text a day saying hi. When she came home, she had a cold distant look on her face, and I immediately asked her about it. She said ,"I realize that you care about this relationship a lot more than I do, and that I really do love you, I just need to be a lone for awhile." After we broke up, 4 days later she calls me crying her eyes out, saying how much she's missed me and loves me and wants me back, even calling herself a failure at one point.I of course immediately fell in the roll of comforting her and telling her I felt the same way and I will always be here. I truly was the guidance in her life, helped her with college work, we talked everyday on the phone, texted throughout the day.

So, later that night after the phone call of her crying her eyes out, I go to meet her thinking we're getting back together. Boy, was I wrong. When i saw her, she said "thank you so much for talking to me this morning, it really helped me out, so much. But, I settled down and I realized I don't know what I want."

That was the last thing I heard from her, and last week I dropped off a letter and flowers on her doorstep while she was at work. Saying I need to move on, I love you and always will, I'll always treasure our memories etc... She texted me saying Im glad you understand why i had to do what i did, I always will remember our treasured memories too

Ended up texting her bestfriend the other day too, she told me "She still loves you, but she's not in love with you anymore"

At this point, I'm past all the tears, but i'm still really confused.. Did she ever love me? Is she going to come back one day?