+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girl left me, thought i liked her now confused, she wants to get back together, help

Girl left me, thought i liked her now confused, she wants to get back together, help

So just as the title says, my girl left me, we've been in a relationship for a little over 3 months. It was kind of rocky at the beginning but we managed to get past that. We did however have a lot of arguments, which led to our demise a couple of weeks ago. I thought that I wasn't in the right mindset of wanting a relationship and that she was. She just got out of a 2 year relationship a few months before we started going out, from a boyfriend she really loved.

My dating/relationship history isn't very experienced. I liked (thought I loved actually) a girl for a little over 2 years but didn't go out (I told her, she just didn't think of me in that way). Liked a girl but never told her because I was afraid. Liked another girl and she liked me so we went out for about 8 months before she dumped me. It took me a little under 7 months to get over her. I liked another girl for about 5 months, same thing, never told her. And after that girl I liked another girl for about another 5 or 6 months all to tell her finally and to find out I friend-zoned myself.

So I've only been in one relationship prior to this one that just happened. But the thing is that I don't feel as strongly towards her as she does to me. I don't know if it's because of everything that has happened to me relating to wanting a relationship or because I'm just not ready to be in one yet (but when do we ever know really?). Nothing is apparent to me right now. I don't know if I like her or not. I know she likes me but I don't want to get together again, only to have to go through all this all over again because I wasn't sure about how I felt or how strongly I felt towards her or whatever.

She's a really great girl..really really great person. It's just that I don't feel it like I did for other girls. All I ever wanted was a girlfriend for the longest time, but after trying so many times and getting nowhere, I just gave up looking for that and hoped to go out with a few girls or none and just wait until I was ready to look for a nice and stable relationship again. I just don't know where I'm at right now and I want to do the right thing and not hurt her anymore. All I want is for her to be happy, whether that be with me (if i realize i really do like her) or someone else (if i dont)

Cut her loose.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

If you don't feel it, you don't feel it. Don't be pressured for forced into getting back together with her because you think it would make her feel better or be doing her a favor. Nothing productive will come of it.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.