+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do You Ever Ignore Guys You Like?

Do You Ever Ignore Guys You Like?

It could be for a variety of reasons, like you having a boyfriend or you feeling like he doesn't really like you back (both are possibilities in my case)

Would you ever:

Not be able to make eye contact with a guy you like?

Suddenly become ucomfortable by his presence in a room full of people and look another way intentionally?

Quickly end conversations by saying things like "have a nice day" or something?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I never flirt with a male that I am immensely attracted to. Never. I hide like a little girl until they go away or try to avoid speaking directly to them. lol
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'm more inclined to be shy around guys I like, yep. If he's a friendly chatty sort, makes me laugh then I'd soon open up to him.

I'd ignore a guy I liked, if he made no effort to talk to me/I sensed there was no interest on his part.

Life is too short to be flogging dead horses and running after lost causes :|

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    I'm more inclined to be shy around guys I like, yep. If he's a friendly chatty sort, makes me laugh then I'd soon open up to him.

I'd ignore a guy I liked, if he made no effort to talk to me/I sensed there was no interest on his part.

Life is too short to be flogging dead horses and running after lost causes :|
    I'd just like for you to know, people like you make me wish I was never born. Ugh.

The only times I have trouble making eye contact are when I'm feeling insecure. I'm usually pretty confrontational and not very shy in conversation. However, I had trouble meeting my boyfriend's gaze at times when we first began dating. He has really intense blue-green eyes surrounded by lush, dark lashes and they make me swoon. Hell, they still affect me to this day and we're going on 9 months. I would get so intensely anxious when he would look at me, like he could see all of my thoughts.

I can't help but stare at my guy in a room full of people. His stature and friendly nature command attention. Generally, all the ladies will stare at him. I don't blame them; they can't help it But with other guys... I dunno, if I like him I'll make eye contact. It's a great tool that shows your interest. I suppose if I were more insecure I'd look away though.

And ending conversations quickly, I'd only do if I weren't interested in someone. I lavish attention on those that I'm interested in.

Sometimes.. i dont think ignore is the right word though. if i was extremely attracted them i might be so nervous and shy that i would try not to look at them cos i wouldnt want them to catch me, and i wouldnt start the conversation with them or id even avoid getting close enough to start a conversation. But if they started talking to me i definately wouldnt ignore them, id talk back and wouldnt want the conversation to end quickly, but i would probably feel a bit uncomfortable and uneasy at making eye contact, n i wouldnt flirt with them cos i wouldnt want them to know im attracted to them. If its just an average guy whose not out of this world gorgeous and intimidating id probably play him hot and cold, n ignoring would be part of that i guess.. but i wouldnt ever be rude about it i just wouldnt go out of my way to talk to them when playing them cold n be focusing my attention elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by nowomannocry View Post
    I'd just like for you to know, people like you make me wish I was never born. Ugh.
    Sorry luv, I don't do sugar coating.......I save that for the manufacturers who make candy

The situation is my fault, she was showing me more overt interest months ago when we started chatting, but it was me who was backing away. There was always other people around us (its a public setting we always meet), but she always seemed to brighten up when I came around, however I never really tried to make any sort of move and now I think she acts with some form of resentment towards me, its not unlikely she is seeing someone else, this girl probably has dozens of guys hitting on her each day (i've witnessed it), I'm just wondering if I can somehow change the tides and perhaps make her realize that it was shyness and not ignorance or whatever that prevented me from talking to her

she also saw me talking to other firls whom I was less attracted to (and thus was less fearful of), her hostility is not dumbfounded

On the other hand, I sometimes get a hostile vibe by girls I've just met. There are girls in my office who seem to ignore me while having no problem chatting with other guys (less attractive), in fact this is something that has been happening for a long time now, going right back to high school it seems that I can remember various girls who would sort of look the other way or get nervous when I'm around without ever really coming up and saying anything. Lol, theres even this gay guy in my office who was giving me stares but now intentionally looks ahead or the other way when I pass by, I just stared blankly back at him, non-verbally telling him that I wasn't gay and he now acts nervously and I get the feeling a little hostile when I'm around. IDK, its not in my nature to approach people I don't know in everyday situations, I was raised to respect people privacy and I'm paying for it

Quote Originally Posted by erik View Post
    The situation is my fault, she was showing me more overt interest months ago when we started chatting, but it was me who was backing away. There was always other people around us (its a public setting we always meet), but she always seemed to brighten up when I came around, however I never really tried to make any sort of move and now I think she acts with some form of resentment towards me, its not unlikely she is seeing someone else, this girl probably has dozens of guys hitting on her each day (i've witnessed it), I'm just wondering if I can somehow change the tides and perhaps make her realize that it was shyness and not ignorance or whatever that prevented me from talking to her
    Sounds like she got tired of waiting around for you to make a move.

Some women and no matter how much they like a guy, will not make a move. They await the guy making moves.

Just the way some of us females have been brought up, including me.

You change the tide, by showing an interest again and if she's reciprocating, then grow the balls and ask her out

she also saw me talking to other firls whom I was less attracted to (and thus was less fearful of), her hostility is not dumbfounded

On the other hand, I sometimes get a hostile vibe by girls I've just met. There are girls in my office who seem to ignore me while having no problem chatting with other guys (less attractive), in fact this is something that has been happening for a long time now, going right back to high school it seems that I can remember various girls who would sort of look the other way or get nervous when I'm around without ever really coming up and saying anything. Lol, theres even this gay guy in my office who was giving me stares but now intentionally looks ahead or the other way when I pass by, I just stared blankly back at him, non-verbally telling him that I wasn't gay and he now acts nervously and I get the feeling a little hostile when I'm around. IDK, its not in my nature to approach people I don't know in everyday situations, I was raised to respect people privacy and I'm paying for it
    It's two way really and for me and because I can ignore guys who I don't see in that way (usually for fear they get the wrong message that I like them as more, which has happened before) and then I can go all nervous around guys who I do think are really good looking.
    If I think some guy is really attractive, I'm perhaps be nervous but at same time I'd be glancing in his direction a lot. If a guy isn't my type, I wouldn't be glancing over at him.

So to sum up. If she is nervous around you, yet keeps giving constant glances.....could be a sign she is attracted.

I dunno. My mother raised me to be a go-getter and I'm perfectly content to openly flirt with the men I'm interested in. I'll even entertain the ones I'm not interested in for a bit. I've never been one to sit back and wait for someone to do the work for me.

So would you give a guy a second chance after you spent months waiting for him to talk to you and after watching him talk (briefly) with other girls?

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    I dunno. My mother raised me to be a go-getter and I'm perfectly content to openly flirt with the men I'm interested in. I'll even entertain the ones I'm not interested in for a bit. I've never been one to sit back and wait for someone to do the work for me.
    I think a lot of it has to do with age lahnnabell

I'm actually early thirties, whereas you are a lot younger and things are more acceptable now, than when I was younger.

When I was younger and if I chased a guy, my mother would tell me I had no pride in myself and that if guys want us, they chase us.

I also don't tend to chase men anymore and because in my experiences and when I was younger and when I've chased some guy, it's been a total waste of time and it got me nowhere. lol....

But if I suspect a guy is showing interest and I like him, then yeah I'd make it know.....he wouldn't have to guess for too long. I'm just not an approacher and many women are like me.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 20-04-10 at 10:15 AM.

So would you give a guy a second chance after you spent months waiting for him to talk to you and after watching him talk (briefly) with other girls?
    I'd wonder why his interest had suddenly reverted back to me.

I'd be probably thinking that one of the other girls he chatted with, had let him down.

Guess it would depend upon how strongly attracted to him I was. If I was I'd probably give him another chance.

I've been in situations like this before and given guys a second chance.