+ Follow This Topic

Thread: am i too young for her?

am i too young for her?

alright so i'm friends with this girl who's 3 years older than me. i've known her for around 5 months. we work together. i sensed that there might be some interest on her part early on. she asked me how old i was one day and when i told her, she called me a "young guy." i sensed she thought i was older. from then on she's has called me "kid" regularly. i look at it that she obviously doesn't think we're compatable because she's 3 years older (i'm 21 she 24). so i detached myself from my feelings for her.

however, i wasnt supposed to work this weekend, but i was called in to. anyway, a guy at work told me that when she found out i was coming in she left work and came back with her hair fixed up really nicely and earings on. i told him that she calls me "kid" sometimes and i take it as her just giving me a sign that i'm too young; so i told him it probably doesn't mean anything.

my question to you is what is all of this stuff with her calling me a kid? or she'll make a reference that i'm still really young and blah blah? then she goes out and fixes herself up before i got to work? would you try to impress a person if you didn't really like them? the again would you call someone a kid if you did like them?

i'm confused. help me.

Three years isn't too big a difference. I've dated several ladies who were more than 3 years my senior.

I think the "kid" nickname is just her way of teasing you. Now, did she get all dolled up for you, or did she have plans later that night? Who knows.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think that is a significant age gap, and based on what you wrote, it sounds like she may be interested. "Kid" sounds like teasing/flirting to me.

Tell her you may be a little younger than her, but you can still teach her a thing or two.

(BTW - if this is just a job, then trying to advance this relationship is probably okay, but if you are working at a career, you might want to rethink it.)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I was thinking the same thing as Vashti. Its usually unwise to date anyone that you are working with if you plan on being there for a while. If you enter a relationship and it ends badly you'll have to see that person every day. If they become your boss it could be even worse. As far as the age difference I dated a woman who was 18 years older than me when I was 18. It all depends on whether or not you both are fine with the age difference. The "kid" remarks may be her way of flirting or she may actually not approve of the age difference. If you are interested (and want to chance the situation that I mentioned at the outset) then just ask her out. The worst that will happen is that she'll say "no". She could also say "yes". In either case you'll have your answer.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...