+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Fragile Relationship Help!!!!

Fragile Relationship Help!!!!

I have been dating a Latin or Spanish girl for the last year. She has a son who is eleven. Thing were going fine until her father came to stay with her. She told me he was coming for a week at first so I believed her. He is here and now it is a month. She told me that I could not meet the father , I asked her why she said that he is not likeable. Now she is been acting different she has become more with drawn and very arguementive . She realy never use to be this way. She has also become more secretive in her dealing with me. I now seem to be an outcast like a old shoes you store in a closet until you are ready to use it again. I cannot communicate with her, she throws up this wall and shuts me out. I call her up before I go to bed and she say's that she misses me and she wishes I was there, but I am getting some mixed signals. She has been in several not so good relationships.
    I am the second non spanish person she has dated, she was married to another one and then divorced him after 5 years.
    She had a baby when she was eighteen by a man who was married, she was his mistress. He treated her like crap. The guy she was married to was arrested for battery on her. The spanish guy she was with gave her a STD. I am the only one who has been honest to her and she give me a hard time.Her Father was abusive toward her as a child. He use to drink and then slap her around and he still is a jackass to her. He can't drive,has a disability, does not work because of his disability. Cannot speak english, fighting with her, and sits on the couch all day and watches TV. How should I deal with this, I am afraid it has destroyed this fragile relationship. I do love her very much.

I am look for advice on this problem is there any one who is in a or has been in similar situation

Blood is thicker than water... even bad blood.

Wait and see what happens is all I can suggest.

Yes family is family that is a shame. I am afraid the damage is done and it will never be the same again. It is hard to wait some times some.

Do you know for sure that it's her father staying with her, and not her baby-daddy or some other ex?
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.