+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What makes you want to marry?

What makes you want to marry?

Hi guys,

What makes you want to marry a girlfriend? You may have a perfectly good relationship that is fine without marriage but what would make you want to propose? Is it that you don't want to let her go because you love her so much, children, or can't see yourself with anyone else? Or any other reasons!

Thanks!

Most people don't even remember what the word "bastard" means anymore, so marriage definitely isn't a prerequisite to having kids. For me it would your first and third reasons above: love her so much and can't see myself with anybody else. Oh and, I want to spend the rest of my life with her.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Fiscal advantages.

For me, and my wife, it's because we want to spend the rest of our lives with each other, and only each other, and so we are displaying that through a high level of commitment, like marriage. We have a desire to show each other that we will always be there through the thick and thin of life.

It's kind of like the difference between telling your SO that you'll jump out of a plane for him/her, and actually jumping out of a plane for him/her.

I dunno, it may be dumb, that's kinda just the first comparison that popped into my head.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Foolishness. That's about the only reason I can come up with.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

It's when you reach a point in the relationship that you can't picture any aspect of your life, now or in the future, without her as a part of it.

You get married because you want the stability and commitment of marriage. If that's not the case, you shouldn't do it.
    Spammer Spanker

you get married cause that's what everybody else is doing. conform or be cast out.

baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I still can't answer that question.

Matching libido and an acrobatic tongue

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i would like to be married to a whole lot of people for one month at a time.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I would love to get married because I know through and through that my partner and I complement one another. Where he is weak, I am strong and vice versa. We love and support one another. We understand that there will be issues, but that the most important thing is our commitment to one another. It will still be a while before I get married, and I'm glad. So many of my former classmates have gotten married and settled into our hometown. I told myself that I refused to die in that town. There is too much that I want to do and see before another person becomes my complete priority.

For me, marriage means I'm ready to settle into my final living place. It can only happen after I've accomplished my educational and career goals, and with a girl I've already known for years without any huge problems. I have to be 100% positive that we will work out.

Quote Originally Posted by SirWagginston View Post
    For me, marriage means I'm ready to settle into my final living place. It can only happen after I've accomplished my educational and career goals, and with a girl I've already known for years without any huge problems. I have to be 100% positive that we will work out.
    Um yea, good luck with that. You'll need it
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    i would like to be married to a whole lot of people for one month at a time.
    That's what unmarried people also want... but not the accompanying bar tab.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast