+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What makes you want to marry?

It is a problem swept under the rug. I have met nearly 1,000 HS teachers from throughout the US as a result of my work. Many have volunteered this information. There is very little hard data because the teachers are simply asked to resign rather than charged with a crime. It is very unpopular to charge women with sex crimes. Public opinion shows that while mother's may be outraged, most men are ambivalent...the result is that the cumulative poll data indicates public apathy towards female teachers abusing boys UNLESS the teacher is unattractive. The result is that making these things public only makes the principal look incompetent and so it is easier to simply brush the issue under the rug. Plus, most boys don't press charges--it is almost a badge of honor to screw the teacher. This has been going on for decades. This is nothing new.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    It is a problem swept under the rug. I have met nearly 1,000 HS teachers from throughout the US as a result of my work. Many have volunteered this information. There is very little hard data because the teachers are simply asked to resign rather than charged with a crime. It is very unpopular to charge women with sex crimes. Public opinion shows that while mother's may be outraged, most men are ambivalent...the result is that the cumulative poll data indicates public apathy towards female teachers abusing boys UNLESS the teacher is unattractive. The result is that making these things public only makes the principal look incompetent and so it is easier to simply brush the issue under the rug. Plus, most boys don't press charges--it is almost a badge of honor to screw the teacher. This has been going on for decades. This is nothing new.
    Link to poll data, at least?

You're going to have to give us something here other than the "you should believe me because you should believe me" circular argument. All of which has nothing to do with your original rant against the OP, who is just a single woman who you dumped your stereotypes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Why can't she have a view on what she wants to do with her life that's different from yours?

Why should she have to marry? Taking that, then saying that she would have sex with students if she was a teacher is a huge leap of logic. It seems like you're putting a lot of negative characteristics on her just because she doesn't want to be settled down.
    She can do anything she wants. I don't really care, to be honest with you. I never said she had to marry. I just said that with her attitude, she really shouldn't marry. She'd likely be happier remaining single.

Link to poll data, at least?

You're going to have to give us something here other than the "you should believe me because you should believe me" circular argument. All of which has nothing to do with your original rant against the OP, who is just a single woman who you dumped your stereotypes on.
    The internet is an enormous sea of data, but you want me to go find it for you. Go find it yourself. That's right, you should believe me until you have a body of evidence that doesn't support my statements. I've based my conclusion on having spoken with 1,000 school teachers and looked at reports (long since discarded because I'm not in the business of keeping everything for your reading pleasure...see, I keep the facts in my head).

There was no rant--I even stated that up-front. I do understand, of course, that anything that wouldn't be supportive of her position, applauding her choices, fawning over her honeyed-words, would be considered an angry rant. Your reaction is what makes dialog between men and women somewhat strained these days. Its sad, actually. But, that's life and what can you do about it really?

C'est la vie.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The internet is an enormous sea of data, but you want me to go find it for you. Go find it yourself. That's right, you should believe me until you have a body of evidence that doesn't support my statements. I've based my conclusion on having spoken with 1,000 school teachers and looked at reports (long since discarded because I'm not in the business of keeping everything for your reading pleasure...see, I keep the facts in my head).

There was no rant--I even stated that up-front. I do understand, of course, that anything that wouldn't be supportive of her position, applauding her choices, fawning over her honeyed-words, would be considered an angry rant. Your reaction is what makes dialog between men and women somewhat strained these days. Its sad, actually. But, that's life and what can you do about it really?

C'est la vie.
    I don't have a problem with telling the truth, even if it's blunt.

I do have a problem with projecting your own stereotypes and judgments onto people who don't deserve them.

And you're the one who brought up these 'facts'. The onus is on you to prove them.

I don't have a problem with telling the truth, even if it's blunt.

I do have a problem with projecting your own stereotypes and judgments onto people who don't deserve them.

And you're the one who brought up these 'facts'. The onus is on you to prove them.

Again, it isn't a projection of stereotypes. It is the result of participant observation among the living. If anything, I made it pretty clear that her words are very similar to those often stereotyped as male comments about the unending fun of the bachelor life. Particpant observation means getting away from your computer screen for a few hours a day.

And, there are tons of facts out there that are in paper form, not on line, that are read and noted, and discarded. It is how one builds knowledge. It is not my responsibility to come armed with footnotes and citations here. It is a "forum"--not a peer-reviewed journal. I can bring my knowledge here, share it, and if perchance you think everything I say is false...well, go find your own "facts."

On many occasions, I have listed online citations and just as easily, people like yourself dismiss, guffaw, and insult. So much for citations, huh? This is a social forum and I would never consider spending as much time reviewing citations for an unknown Other (I'm visualizing someone sitting in a darkened basement drinking Dr. Pepper and eating Cheetos) in some meaningless post that has been made way too much of here.

If however, you need the names and phone numbers of the 1,000 teachers to call and confirm... bushwah.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Again, it isn't a projection of stereotypes. It is the result of participant observation among the living. If anything, I made it pretty clear that her words are very similar to those often stereotyped as male comments about the unending fun of the bachelor life. Particpant observation means getting away from your computer screen for a few hours a day.

And, there are tons of facts out there that are in paper form, not on line, that are read and noted, and discarded. It is how one builds knowledge. It is not my responsibility to come armed with footnotes and citations here. It is a "forum"--not a peer-reviewed journal. I can bring my knowledge here, share it, and if perchance you think everything I say is false...well, go find your own "facts."

On many occasions, I have listed online citations and just as easily, people like yourself dismiss, guffaw, and insult. So much for citations, huh? This is a social forum and I would never consider spending as much time reviewing citations for an unknown Other (I'm visualizing someone sitting in a darkened basement drinking Dr. Pepper and eating Cheetos) in some meaningless post that has been made way too much of here.

If however, you need the names and phone numbers of the 1,000 teachers to call and confirm... bushwah.
    Yeah, you don't project stereotypes at all. Way to pound your own argument to the ground within the argument.

That takes some special talent.

So, do you have credentials indicating your power to decide who deserves and who doesn't? And, obviously, your sensitivities are supreme. I'm sure that She (whoever the OP is) is listening to Kenny Rodger's "Lady" right now and looking at your photo admiringly.

You=the Decider and You=the Interpreter

I'm guessing that you=George W. Bush ?

Yeah, you don't project stereotypes at all. Way to pound your own argument to the ground within the argument.

That takes some special talent.
    Sincere thanks. Your complimentary words have made my day even brighter.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    FWIW, my own experience says its not uncommon for teachers to come on to their students. In my high school, I know one teacher for sure who was doing this. I was rather oblivious to the goings-on, but my high school BF and my father both alerted me to stay out of this particular teacher's office. They simply didn't like him. I guess guys have a sense for this kind of thing. It wasn't until he got one of the students pregnant that he was fired in disgrace. Oh and he was married with a very pretty wife and young daughter. Looking back on it as an adult I can see the signs. He was actually very manic (which the girls interpreted as 'charismatic') and just a tad too familiar with certain of the students, who I suspect had various vulnerabilities he exploited.

In college, its even more common. I suppose b/c its legal. CAM knows. Its relatively common for advisors to date their students. I even know someone who married his.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Well...it isn't legal, but it happens. I know people whose asses are in a sling because their penis was in...well, you get my point. Well deserved, too. Thou shalt not put thy pecker in a student's body. Thou shalt not emotionally manipulate a student.

The problem with many teachers/profs. is that they forget that the students are only there for an education and not for an "education." Pretend like its a retail sale...she came in to buy a bra and panties. She wants to try them on. She doesn't want to try them out. And, it goes the other way too. Just because female teacher is lonely tonight doesn't mean that she has a right...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    FWIW, my own experience says its not uncommon for teachers to come on to their students. In my high school, I know one teacher for sure who was doing this. I was rather oblivious to the goings-on, but my high school BF and my father both alerted me to stay out of this particular teacher's office. They simply didn't like him. I guess guys have a sense for this kind of thing. It wasn't until he got one of the students pregnant that he was fired in disgrace. Oh and he was married with a very pretty wife and young daughter. Looking back on it as an adult I can see the signs. He was actually very manic (which the girls interpreted as 'charismatic') and just a tad too familiar with certain of the students, who I suspect had various vulnerabilities he exploited.

In college, its even more common. I suppose b/c its legal. CAM knows. Its relatively common for advisors to date their students. I even know someone who married his.
    yes, but you are talking about MALE teachers. He was talking about females. While I am sure it happens, I don't think it is anywhere NEAR as prevalent.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    yes, but you are talking about MALE teachers. He was talking about females. While I am sure it happens, I don't think it is anywhere NEAR as prevalent.
    In my years of observing...it is MORE prevalent than Male Teachers on Female Students. In fact, Female Teachers is the most prevalent followed by Male Teachers on Male Students (usually, mutual masturbation, frotting, and smoking pot together). Male Teachers on Female Students is in third place.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't buy it. Especially not without some objective source that confirms it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I don't buy it. Especially not without some objective source that confirms it.
    Yeah, you are absolutely right. Two decades in the education business...what the hell do I know? I totally agree. We should ask someone from Jay Walking on the Tonight Show. They'd know.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast