+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 27 and never been in a relationship

27 and never been in a relationship

I am 27 and i have never been in a relationship, i have never even touched a girl, is this normal?

I am middle eastener btw, i only came to north america about 10 years ago, i would say this is pretty comman for middle easterner guys and indian/pakistanis guys to be like this, some of my friends are like 30 and they are in the same situation. Sex before marriage is a big taboo in our communities.

i am really nice with girls though, polite all the time and respect for them, thats why they are surprised when ever i tell them that i have never been in a relationship at 27.

How come you never touched a girl? Are you that shy or is it your beliefs that get in the way?
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

If you have friends that are the same, then I wouldn't be particularly worried. Like you say, it is taboo in your communities to have sex before marriage and a lot will abide by those rules.
    In UK, you will find that the young guys in the Pakistani communities DO NOT abide by it...or very few anyway. Think they have become too westernised.

From what I understand of your culture and I know a lot, having been involved with a guy from it, it is very different from ours

I'm actually surprised you are not married. I thought marriages were arranged in your culture?

^ i am waiting for someone right to come along, the problem is i live in a small town in Ontario Canada, its hard to find someone here. I am not paticularly religious but having sex before marriage, i just can't do it, its against my own morals

Then don't do it.

I know plenty of people who have had lots of sex or been married and after.... took a vow of celibacy and considered themselves to be virgins for all intensive purposes.

I can't say that I'd disagree with them.

They retook their virginity in a sense and guarded it... waiting for the right one to come into their life.

So don't worry too much about it... whether you lose your virginity now and regain it, or you keep it till the one happens.

^^ Bit like me. LOLS

I'm a born again virgin. No man gets near my undies, till I know he's serious...
    No more losers or playas for me...