+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Unreciprocated Love

Unreciprocated Love

So i have been hanging out with this one girl lets call her kate. iv known her for 2 years now and we have always been really close. she was dating a friend of mine when we met but that quickly ended and i kept talking to her. after going on spring break together with a lot of our friends i tried to make my move with her and tell her how i felt but after being brushed off and ignored i got really angry and started ignoring her for the rest of the trip. i later saw her flirting with a friend of mine and it got me so angry i started yelling at her and chose to not talk to her again so that i wouldn't do that again.

About 2 weeks after we got back with me not answering any text she sent me or talking to her when we would run into each other she finally realized i was ignoring her and blew up my phone with non stop texts asking me why i wont talk to her. we ended up deciding we needed to have a conversation in person so we met up at my apartment. she told me how she refused to loose our friendship and how she missed me so much. during the conversation i ended up confessing to her but she basically shot me down saying she only wants to be friends. i told her that i cant be friends with her anymore knowing that i could never go any further with her. she ended up not having anything to say so i told her to just leave. i havent talked to her since that day

i originally thought that she would eventually realize how much she misses me and would at least text me or call me but she has done neither.

is it stupid for me to keep hope that she would realize what shes missing or should i just give it up as a lost cause.

ps. sorry for the long essay there but for those of you who made it through thanks a lot

She misses hanging out with you, nothing more. The cause was lost a long time ago.

fourleafclover Guest
    I'm sorry, I think you should give up. I know how hard it is, I've been in that situation before, and I kept hoping for a really long time that he would change his mind. It rarely works like that though, and to keep pinning your hopes on this one person can cause you to miss out on other things..not just other relationships but just generally getting on with your life. That's my experience of it anyway.

I just recently saw her at a party and she knew i was there and went up to my friends asking where i was. i was avoiding her for a good portion of the party. when she found me up stairs she gave me a hug and clutched onto me harder than iv ever seen her do before. i was cordial and ended the conversation quickly but even that little bit of contact was hard for me. do you think this means anything or am i just grasping at straws here

You're grasping at straws.

She doesn't want to sleep with you, ever.

She needs you, but she doesn't "want" you.

If you can't handle that... keep avoiding her.

I agree with Doc. She just wants her friend back. If that isn't something you are okay with, you need to continue avoiding her.

thanks for the advice guys i guess i just needed an outsider point of view on this to let me see what the truth actually was. i know i still love her and that prob wont change any time soon but now at least i feel a little better and i can stop pinning away at something that will never happen.

I've been in this situation too, only I feel I was being led on into thinking it was more and because he was so desperate to hang onto the friendship for whatever reason that was?

Best thing to do is to let go. Ignore if you have too and is what I had to resort to doing.

You can't move forward otherwise.