+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Women in the gym

Women in the gym

Hey guys, is it appropriate to approach women in the gym? At my school's rec center there are tons and tons of attractive college girls that I catch staring at me, one girls stands out more than any other. How do you approach someone in a gym? Everyone has their ipod's on full blast and it's not a very social environment. Should I just not say anything to them?

lol, your not the only shmo on the planet with this problem *points to self*

I've spent 6 months trying to find the right moments to approach a girl at the gym I think likes me, we've had a few brief encounters, but it really is a hard place to find the right moment

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it should be pretty obvious which girls are there to socialize, and which ones are there to exercise.

Personally, I am so cranky in a gym environment, I don't want to talk to anyone, male or female. i use the iPod as an early warning signal.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have to agree with vashti, when i go to the gym i am there to exercise not socialize. I would get a bit grumpy if someone came over hitting on me while im working out. I wouldnt mind it so much if he chose his moment when im not actually on any equipment- so choose your moment wisely.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Hah, yeah. I am usually there to just work out, I get very intense and focused while I lift and do cardio. I don't know if women would appreciate a sweaty muscular man coming up and trying to talk to them anyway

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't mind the sweaty, muscular men (haha) - just not when I am sweaty and gross-looking.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy057 View Post
    Hah, yeah. I am usually there to just work out, I get very intense and focused while I lift and do cardio. I don't know if women would appreciate a sweaty muscular man coming up and trying to talk to them anyway
    Now, that changes things
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I don't mind the sweaty, muscular men (haha) - just not when I am sweaty and gross-looking.
    Well if a sweaty and muscular man walks up to you when you're sweaty and gross-looking then he probably likes you like that.