+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Reopening Old Wounds

Reopening Old Wounds

The Precursor:
    So I was in a relationship with this girl for about 3 months. In the
    beginning everything was great, but after a while things seemed to
    slowly deteriorate. In the beginning we cared and sympathized with each other and by the end of things it seemed that she didn't respect me and neglected me. The only reason I could think of behind it was that she had
    started to and continued to hang out a lot with a friend of mine which acted very similarly. This ended in me spilling my guts only to have her completely clam up on me with nothing to say about how she felt about me even when everything was on the line. No closure for me.

The Event that Broke the Stitches:
    So I return home one day to find the repayal of a small
    monetary debt she owed me enclosed in a slip of paper. Now this is a while after we had broken up and I had never expected to see the money ever again.

What to do, if anything at all:
    My mind keeps on racing for some sort of meaning beyond,"Its the end of the year, she wouldn't have the opportunity for easy access to my door next year (living somewhere else), and it's a dutiful to repay ones debts." I broke up with her based on the disrespect and neglect but how can she still respect me enough to repay me? Even if she actually respected me, would she not neglect me if she found a new friend to hang out with instead? These seem like trivial overcautious questions and I want to go over there and demand that she tell me how she feels about me. At minimum I think I deserve closure aswell or who knows what would happen otherwise. I have a lot of to gain and a lot to risk.

There is another part of me that just wants to take the paper for what it physically is. Then I don't any reason for dealing with anything and can continue to move forward. There are more fish in the sea.

While I am leaning toward the latter, a second opinion would be helpful.

Maybe she had way too much 'pride' and to not pay this money back.

Nothing to do with respect for you, but for herself.

Take it as it is. She owed you, and she paid it. There isn't anything more to read into even if you are tempted to. It won't get you anywhere and it's going to throw you for a loop that is going to have you acting desperately like before and having her clam up on you again. You think you need closure but you really don't. What answers is she possibly going to provide, if she even wants to be honest? As soon as you are done talking, you will still have more questions. It won't get you anywhere.

Simply accept it as it is, she neglected you and didn't feel for you like you felt for her. You can still learn from this. Maybe you can take it slower next time (3 months isn't a long time at all to "spill your guts"). I'm sure you could have approached it better or maybe there were some things you said that you wish you could take back. Also not to put up with this kind of behavior from somebody else as well. All good points to learn from.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

I wouldn't think about it too much. She owed you money, so she payed you back - it doesn't really mean anything. Just be glad you got your money back.

Also, if you were over her, I don't think you'd expect closure from her. Worry about yourself - after all, she didn't give you what you wanted from a relationship, so who cares what she might have to say?

Oh, just let it go. It wasn't a valentine, it was money.
    Spammer Spanker