+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does 2 weeks do?

What does 2 weeks do?

Hello all!
    I've been reading through the posts for the last couple weeks. What a lot of great advise! This is my first post and would really like some honest opinions.

I've been dating this girl for about 6 weeks, and WOW, what a great 6 weeks it has been! She's 31 and I'm 37. She's a business owner and I'm an Engineering Manager. We're both really busy people, but always found time for each other. We are also both divorced. She for about a year and me for 5 months (although my marriage was over a year ago). This is the first serious relationship for both of us since the divorces)

So the cliff note version of our relationship....
    From our first date, we simply connected and could not see enough of each other and always made time. We would go out of the way to do the little things making each other crazy happy. We with held sex for the first 3 weeks simply cuddling all night and getting to know each in ways I'd never done before. At this point I was still keeping my heart guarded, but couldn't help caring for her.

Then, she really started letting me into her life. Which I though was huge. She introduces me to her friends, family, and the biggest, Her 4 year old Son! Wow, I was really thinking, this is what a great relationship feels like. I'd never been with anyone like her and never felt the feelings I was having. Now the guard around my heart was gone and I completly fell for her. I told her I loved her. We were making plans to visit my family (5 hours away) Making long term plans for the summer. Everything was great! We always at leasted texted each other and stayed in touch wished each other good morning, hope your having a good day, thinking about you, miss you, good night etc....

Friday Night we go out. I wanted her to meet my close friends. Everything went / was great. We had a great time, drank a little too much and went back to her place and passed out. Saturday morning, she goes to work, I go home we say our good by's everything seemed good. That was really the last time I talked to her!

I didn't get anything from her all day Saturday, I pushed a little on Sunday and got a good night. Last night she messages me and says she feels overshelmed and needs a couple weeks to her self. Even admiting she feels like shit for treating me like this. Saying I've done nothing wrong, treat her like a Queen, but wants me to understand....

I know it's only been 6 weeks, but I'm crushed! I really love this girl! I'm trying to understand her side. I do know that it's almost her 1 year divorce anniversary. Maybe that's it? Maybe she's scared by how great this relationship is? Maybe this is a test to see how much I'll put up with? You know the saying "Throw is away, if its love it will come back" I really want to call some of her friends to find out whats going on. That probably isn't my best interest.

So what do you think? I plan on giving her the space she needs and see what happens. Anyone been through something like this before?

Thanks for reading the long post

Aaron

bah is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dakota3404 View Post
    I do know that it's almost her 1 year divorce anniversary.
    I think you hit the nail on the head. She is just scared. Give her the time she needs and find ways to distract yourself in the meantime. I went through something like this and sometimes a woman just wants to be sure within herself so she can move forward with full trust. If you don't let her address this, it will just pop up again later.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Give her space but let her know you'll be there for her.