+ Follow This Topic

Thread: His Stress Overload

His Stress Overload

Recently, I've been seeing this guy for the last four/five months and everything was great. The only problem is that he didn't want to make it official because he wasn't sure whether or not he could handle a serious relationship due to his previous experiences with girls. Now it hasn't been long but we've got really close (not sexually) but we've bonded and I get on well with his little sister and his friends.

However, recently he's been going through so much with his family; his mum's been putting him down etc. She keeps telling him he's a failure and so he's doubting himself. He's recently told me he doesn't want to hurt me and so he's letting me go. He told me he doesn't want to and that he knows I'll be good to him etc...but he said right now, he can't handle it.

I understand what he's saying but I want to be there for him. I mean, he can do it alone but he shouldn't have to. It's not my business what happens in their home, but I want him to know that I'm here for him when he needs to talk. At the same time, I'm hurting because I don't want to let him go - especially if it's not what he wants.

We've had some amazing times together, but I don't know how to be there for him without not allowing my feelings to get in the way. I don't know how to control my feelings when I'm with him because I could feel myself beginning to like him way more than I could handle. It's probably too soon to be love so I never mentioned it, but it was definitely a strong emotion. What should I do?

I'm going through something similar. Read my post "What does 2 weeks do" I'm to the conclusion that people deal with issues in different ways. All we can do is be there for them. At least thats what I'm going to do....
    Believe me, I know its tough....

Good Luck
    Aaron

Thank you, I'm going to go on yours now x