+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Meant to be together??

Meant to be together??

Hello women,
    I have a question. My girlfriend and I have been dating for 4 years now. I am a freshman in college and she is a senior in high school. We went on our first real break last summer for about two months. It was the hardest time I have ever had. We went on the break because she did not know what else is out there. As I have been with her ever since she been in high school. Well she talk to two other guys and she well just came back to me. Our love was stronger than ever. However now we are on our second break its only been like three days. Anyway she says she doesnt know if she is happy anymore or what makes her happy anymore. I dont really know what this means. I talk to her sister alot to help me because I dont feel like I should bother my gf. But I want to talk to her more and more as the days go on.

Can you women tell me anything? Her sister says we were meant to be together and she might be just stressed out with her older brother and sister moving away and she is going off to college next year, I dont know. Is it something I did? I love her and I really do not want to lose her. She is my other half and always has been.

Any help is much appreciated!!! THANKS EVERYONE.

This is the thing you should figure out by yourself. Ask yourself those questions and I am shure you will get the answers.
    http://my-funny-things.org

it really depends on you~~ I think you already have the answers in mind, you just need more recall on those questions and things

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What the hell? Were the previous two posts supposed to be helpful?

Listen, kdgraham - this is the thing: you two are both at an age where you will individually be going through a lot of emotional growth, and this will continue until you are both well into your mid 20s, at least.

You want to cling to her because you have entered into a new phase in your life, and she represents stability. She, on the other hand, is anticipating taking a big new step into the world, and you represent what is old and familiar.

You didn't do anything wrong. You are both just at different phases of development. This is part of growing up.

You will feel bad about the break up for a while - after all, four years is a significant length of time. Try to keep yourself busy, and try to learn whatever lessons you were supposed to with this girl, so you can utilize your knowledge with your next relationship.

And for the record - you should probably quit talking to the sister. Anyone who says "it was meant to be" is obviously very young and idealistic. You need a reality check right now, sweety - not silly words that are meant to make you feel better without facing the hard truths.

Good luck.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Who initiates the breaks as this indicates a lot.

It seems as if she is torn between you and pursuing life and all that it has to offer. Although she naturally has deep feelings for you and cares about you plenty, you guys are still very young, having been together for four years is a long time in your little lives and she possibly questions whether there is something else out there for her besides you, you know, other opportunities and possibilities. It is understandable that she would want to experiment, date other guys and such, set her free to live her life.

If you are truly 'meant to be together' you will find yourselves back together after many eventful years of experience, at least then you will know you do actually want to be with each other out of choice, only after dating others can this be confirmed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!

First, thank you women for replying. Just saying something means there is someone out that sees and maybe feels what I feel.

Second, It has been over two weeks now and it has been hard. We talk to each other each nite and txt each other during the day. I feel I just need to be positive and she says it is helping. Helping what? Getting back together?

We do much of the same things as we did when we were dating except hang out on the weekends. Im trying to keep myself busy but it is just hard. I miss her more each day. When I txt here I miss you, she reply back the same. But when I txt I love you, she doesnt txt back. When she does, she says she doesnt love me as much as she thinks she needs too. What?

Thanks

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you would get over her sooner if you just cut contact, my friend.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

But I dont want to stop talking to her. I dont want to get over her. I want to be with her. How would stop talking to her help? How does one know if we will get back together? She is not looking for anyone else, she is trying to find herself. How will she know when she can love me with all of her heart?