+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lay it on the line?

Lay it on the line?

Here's my issue. I have spent a great deal of time scouring the internet and forums like this and one issue which seems to be quite prevalent is a Women in turmoil or experience some degree of angst because she doesn't know if she and her man are 'on the same page'. Does he feel the same way I do? I love him, but does he love me too? And so on...There seems to be a myriad of support/advice for this (as there should), but what about the other side of the coin?

I have been with a Woman (and I mean 'Woman' in every sense of the word...she is incredible) for just over a year now. I'm crazy for her, and I like to think I have made that abundantly clear. My problem arises in the simple fact that I am not sure if she does indeed feel the same way. Are we on the same page? Logic would suggest that if I have to ask this question, we probably are not and I need to accept that. Although that would hurt, but if that is the case then it simply is. However, the 'gut check' tells me that this isn't really the case - I do realize the the heart can sometimes cloud ones better judgment, but again, I do not believe this to be the case.

So what to do? Do I simply lay it out on the line tell her I love her and hope for the best? I mean that's a pretty big mozza ball in the room if it isn't reciprocated. Further, I really wouldn't want a 'conditioned' 'I love you too' in return just out of a sense of obligation.

Herein lies my dilemma. I want to know the solid truth on where we stand and if we are on the same level of emotional engagement. Funny you know...I always thought us knuckle-draggin men were so easy to crack, but given the amount of chatter about us and our boneheaded ways on the net, maybe not. Geez.

Thoughts or suggestions all very much appreciated.

Is she affectionate with you? Does she seem to enjoy your company by either her actions or in her saying this to you? Does she seem glad to see you or to be speaking with you? If she is into you then you will be able to tell. In this case actions do speak louder than words.

It's been a year. It's time to lay it on the line.
    Spammer Spanker

Workout is right, of course ... actions DO speak louder than words, but

I think that a couple that is ONE WHOLE YEAR (!) into a relationship should be able to talk about anything. The big bread-ball is already in the room, mra. You shouldn't have to divine her interest in you, or her interest in a life together from actions or body language.

Ask her where she sees this going. You may not like the answer, but better now than another year from now!

Good luck.

Carl.

ps - if you love her, say so. Her reaction, good or bad, is something you NEED to know at this late date.