+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help With Relationship Complications (Jealous Friend Problems)

Help With Relationship Complications (Jealous Friend Problems)

I met a girl back in October of 2009, and her and I have become very close, and outside of our relationship views, we consider each other best friends. The whole time we've known each other though, it seems as though drama has followed us.

Over the past few months, random girls were screwing with us on Facebook. Some of these were girls that I "knew", so I would accept their invites, and then the drama would go down. About 2 weeks ago, it all got to her, and she broke it off. Come to find out a few days ago, one of my best friends was behind all ofthe profiles, and was using them to try and break us up. He was creating fake profiles of girls that I knew, and was using them as a tool/weapon against us. From what I understand, he was very jealous of me. He was planning to break us up, and "swoop in" on her. Him and I were best friends for 15 years, and I basically told him to "shove it" when I found out he was behind everything.

Her and I are back on good terms again as of yesterday, and she said that her feelings for me haven't changed at all, but she just wants to be friends. I'm getting all kinds of signals though saying otherwise. Her and I have talked on the phone a lot the past few nights, and she was talking about how she misses all the old times, and that if this wouldn't have happened, we probably never have had a single argument (the few arguments we've ever had were all about the situation at hand). When we got done talking on the phone earlier today, she was like "okay", and I said "alrighty", and it back and forth until it got quiet. I finally asked if she was waiting on something, and she said "maybe." I said "I love you" and I could hear like a faint laugh when she smiled. I'm just really confused, and need some help that would maybe help me get her back. I love her dearly, and would do anything.

Should I just give this time? Is there something I can do/say to help? I've tried talking to her, and explaining that I still feel strongly about her, but I just get "I don't knows" and the like in return from her. I know there's something there though.
    Last edited by Neomic; 09-05-10 at 02:40 PM. Reason: More information added.

My-Face and Space Book are RELATIONSHIP KILLERS. I'm divorced in part because of those. Rid yourself of those. Thats why we have mailing addresses, cellphones and email. Not much, but start with that and good luck.
    Same song and dance.
    "Whats the weather like kid?" --- "Its always sunny in Hell."

Third date! Can't stop fate. Its time to take this thing we got to the next level.
    Ya'know SPEND ALL OF OUR WAKING HOURS TOGETHER!!!!
    SURPRISE showed up at your job again! I was thinkin' I wanna be everything to you.

Today, I went through my friends lists and cleaned out everyone that I don't talk to anymore. I also changed my privacy settings accordingly, so I can no longer get messages from people who aren't on my friends. Would that suffice, or do you think I should get rid of them completely? I do use Facebook quite often.
    Last edited by Neomic; 09-05-10 at 02:41 PM.

I agree that FB needs to be approached with caution. Too much information is made public on those websites and too many people can screw with you. One wrong message of wall post can send someone over the edge. It stirs up all kinds of jealousies and insecurities. Think about it... you're making conversations, that would otherwise be private, into public displays. My boyfriend always has girl friends writing cutsie messages on his wall. For the most part, I don't let it get to me because it's FB. I pick my battles with that stuff, and unless I see something that I feel truly disrespects me, I'll leave it alone. Most people choose to get caught up in all the drama though.

Concentrate on the friendship, the rest will follow. She obvioulsy has feelings for you and such but it appears like she wants to take baby-steps, besides being her friend will help her realise what she feels for you, just take it easy and don't pressurise her as this will ultimately just annoy her and push her away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!

Just delete your profiles. Who needs Facebook anyway...it's a load of crapola....

Thanks Jas. That kinda helped put things into perspective. I kinda bugged her the first day about it, so I'm hoping I didn't too much damage.

... She just text me as I wrote this, asking if I wanted to play Mario Kart online with her. I guess that's a sign that things are on the right track. I'm just gonna take a slow for a while. Do you think I should let her initiate the conversations for a while? Or should I just keep it 50/50 like always?