+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused on a gut feeling

Confused on a gut feeling

So for almost a year I had a gut feeling that me and my crush would end up together.
    Now I only see him over the summer because we are 2 years apart and don't go to school together(although I am looking into the college he goes to because his college is one of the few colleges in my state that have my major. It's human services, so if you don't believe me, look up how many colleges in PA offer that major).
    I always had a good feeling that my gut was right, even though there have been times were I would doubt my true feelings.
    But earlier in the week I found out that he is getting his own place in the fall for college. Since I don't know when he moving, and I usually see him in the summer, I was scared that my chances of seeing him will lessen. I believe that my gut feeling is still there, I just don't really believe in it as much now. It's like I'm losing faith.
    P.S. I feel that if he wasn't getting his own place, I wouldn't be feeling this way. Also, we are not friends but this summer I was planning to put myself out there(he knows me, but I want him to know the real me, because he doesn't) And I do have a chance to see him for memorial day weekend, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
    Which feeling should I go with?

Everybody feels this way about their crush - that if only they got to know you they would realise how perfect you are for each other. This is not the case though, especially if they don't even know you exist. Besides, I guarantee that even if you do get to know him there's the chance that the fantasy of him won't live up to the reality.

I do think you should put yourself out there though, you say you are not friends so initiate a conversation and see where it goes from there but be prepared for the fact that he may not reciprocate the feelings you have for him. Just because you feel so strongly and intensely for him does not immediately mean he will too. Work on building a friendship first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!