+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Was this meant for me?

Was this meant for me?

Long story short, i broke up with my boyfrined last December. We were together for 4 months, totally in love and then some stuff happened, he told me he wasn't ready for a relationship so we broke up.

We've spoken a couple times, I went round one day to collect some bits, there was still chemistry between us, he asked me to stay for 'dinner' but i declined. A couple of months later, he text me out of the blue, asked me if i fancied some, i declined again, told him to take me for a drink, he said he would but i hadn't heard from him so i figured he was just after a booty call and forgot about it.

Last night, i received a text from a number that i recognised but wasn't sure about, the message said 'i love you. x. For about 10 minutes i searched my brain but couldn't come up with the owner of the phone, so i text 'whose number is this?!' no reply, then all of a sudden it comes to me, it's him, so i call him, no answer, then i text, asked 'is that you? sorry, i didn't have this mumber stored in my phone, are you ok? was that text meant for me?!' still no reply. I text again this morning, 'it's cool if that text wasn't meant for me but could you pease let me know either way?!'

Do any of you guys have an opinion on this, do you think the text was meant for me? if it wasn't, shouldn't he at least let me know? i'm confused!!! I know i'm hounding him, but i can't just let it go, i had/have a lot of love for this guy and if that is how he feels then i need to know, and at the same time if it isn't i need to know!

Even if it was meant for you, it could be a prank. Put no stock in it.

If it was meant for you and he meant it, then he would have responded in some way.

Yes as others have said, whether it was meant for you or not, put no stock into it. Don't even waste time thinking about it.
    Be careful with your heart, because when someone seems too good to be true, they usually are.

Thank you guys, you are all absolutely rght, just couldn't see it for myself, but now you have pointed out the obvious i'm no longer blinded! Thanks!

I reckon it was for someone else and he sent it to your number accidently.
    If it was for you, he would have followed it up rather than ignore you.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    I reckon it was for someone else and he sent it to your number accidently.
    If it was for you, he would have followed it up rather than ignore you.
    I think that too. Just thought he'd have the decency/balls to say so!