+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Odd relationship. Please interpret and tell me what you think will happen!

Odd relationship. Please interpret and tell me what you think will happen!

I apologise in advance for how long this may end up being, but I'd appreciate it if people could read this and interpret this situation and tell me what you think will happen. Thanks.

My friend is having a major relationship upset and asked me for advice. For once, I’m not sure what to tell her because I have no idea where this is headed. So I thought I’d ask for some neutral advice.

Emily, my friend, was seeing a guy named Donovan from September 2009 until the very beginning of March. They never officially dated but he chased her and they would go out together and spend nights together, etc. Neither of them was really interested in a relationship due to trust issues, until February when things started to heat up...they were getting closer and she was ready to finally open up and try another relationship. Then, out of nowhere, at the end of February/beginning of March, he tells her on AIM that he wanted her to come watch a movie but not “do anything” because he was “sort of seeing someone; not dating but interested.”

This upset my friend. In about the middle of March, Donovan and this other girl named Jenna became “official” and listed their relationship’s “anniversary” as March 4th. My friend had ended up spending the night with Donovan on March 4th/5th.

It came out of nowhere, this new relationship. Donovan met her at work. It was like he went from not wanting a relationship to jumping right into one.

Now this Jenna girl...nobody likes her. Literally, I have not heard ONE good thing about her. I have NO idea what Donovan sees in her. Every single person I know calls her “Twaffle” (don’t know what that means) or describes her as a total bitch. She plays rugby and everyone on the team hates her because she can’t play and she acts like she owns the team. Donovan’s roommate also told me that Jenna has Donovan “whipped” and it’s like “she says jump, he says how high.” People say he stopped drinking as much and partying and spends a LOT of time with her. Also, right before she started dating Donovan, she was in a long-term relationship with a great guy who bought her lots of things and was very good to her. Some say she cheated on him with Donovan and ended up leaving him for him; others say she simply dumped the guy for Donovan. Either way, very soon after she left this person, she started dating Donovan.

Donovan has apparently told people that Jenna is the love of his life, that he thinks she’s the one, and he pretty much puts her on a pedestal. Over our Easter break, he took her to meet his family. Her stupid dented Bravada is always parked in front of his house. Honestly, I hate this girl and I really hope to see them break up because I know for a fact that she IS a bitch and I hate that she’s the reason my good friend is so upset.

People have also said that while Donovan got drunk at a few of his fraternity’s parties, he made Jenna cry for whatever reason, and there’s a rumour that he peed on her. I know that this is just how Donovan is when he’s drunk, and since we’re in college and drinking is part of the college lifestyle, at least here, I don’t think much of it.

However, on April 26th, Donovan and Jenna’s relationship ended on Facebook for all of two hours. I’m not sure how long they were actually broken up before their statuses changed, but it was at least two hours. Donovan posted this as his status: “I guess it was my own fault for thinking it would work. . . .” and a bunch of people “liked” this status as well as the breakup status. Then, two hours later, they were in a relationship again, and he deleted the status update.

I assumed this would not last very long at all, especially when I noticed that Jenna had deleted the profile pictures that she had up of her and Donovan [they're back up now]. THEN....Friday, I found out that they went to an animal shelter and adopted a two month old puppy. This is “their” dog...THEY got it together. It’s staying at Donovan’s place. Jenna has uploaded a bunch of pictures from her mobile phone to Facebook of the puppy with Donovan. One of her comments was “The boyfriend and I went to [city] Animal Rescue and got him today! Love him <3” The next day, Saturday, Donovan drove an hour north of here to go see Jenna’s rugby game with the stupid puppy and was wearing her jacket, standing out there in the rain.

Finally, Donovan is leaving this weekend (the 16th I believe) to go to London, England for 2 ½ month internship. He will back on like July 31st or something. As far as I know, Jenna isn’t going with him.

My question for you all is this: What do you think of this relationship? Do you see it working, or ending? Why or why not?

Thanks. My friend would just like some answers. I’m trying to convince her that Donovan is NOT worth it. However, Donovan is a close friend of mine as well, and I don't know what to say to him, either.

-Kristan
    Last edited by Kristan; 12-05-10 at 12:52 PM.