+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Where do men see a line between a confident girl and someone with an ego?

Where do men see a line between a confident girl and someone with an ego?

Some guys have described me as confident and they like it. Others tell me I need to "cut the ego." I'm curious, where do men see the difference? Because honestly I can't tell!

Thanks!

Kristan

I'm assuming you're talking about conversations?

One difference is in how you react to contrary opinions, Confident women recognize that not everyone will agree and can entertain other viewpoints. The egotistical woman has the persecution complex that any man who disagrees with her is just a sexist pig who who can't take her seriously because she has breasts.

Confident women have opinions and can support them with evidence, proof and facts. Egotistical women have opinions but can't defend them, relying instead on denigration.

Could also be body language. Are you relaxed or tense when discussing something?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    They could be judging you by your interactions with other woman. If women tend to dislike you, he might infer they dislike you because you're cocky. (especially so if you claim women hate you 'cause they're jealous...)

AHHH THE AGE OLD QUESTION.

Personally, I get off on busting egos left and right. If you have got an ego, I'll know and I will hone in on it like a rugrat on candy. If you are asking for advice, then more than likely you are humble enough to seek answers and learn. Not the actions of an egotistical person IMO. On the other side of the coin however, there are guys who are honestly scared of girls with confidence. The ones who know who they are and wont let anyone change that. So that could be what is throwing them a bad vibe. The lack of being the more dominant personality that is. I wouldnt stress it too much and stick to the guys who respect your viewpoints and personality and you should fair quite well. KUDOS to you for being who you are.
    Same song and dance.
    "Whats the weather like kid?" --- "Its always sunny in Hell."

Third date! Can't stop fate. Its time to take this thing we got to the next level.
    Ya'know SPEND ALL OF OUR WAKING HOURS TOGETHER!!!!
    SURPRISE showed up at your job again! I was thinkin' I wanna be everything to you.

Plenty of people on here like to tell me I have an ego. I don't really let it bother me too much. I'm confident in who I am and how I look, and that's all that matters.

I agree that confidence has an intelligent demeanor with the knowledge to back it up. Girls that I find to be egotistical tend to be the loud, obnoxious biatches that demand attention in the worst way. I'll hear girls in bars passing judgment on other females and I think that's just disgusting behavior. It makes you out to be an ugly person inside no matter how straight your hair extensions are, or how much skin you show, or how much eyeliner you engrave onto your face. Having an ego generally coincides with a lack of true confidence. You have to boost yourself up using very negative tactics.

However, on the flip side, there are people who see other confident people and feel the need to blast them for "having an ego". If you let yourself get offended by it you're only playing their game and giving them what they're looking for. Just let it roll off and they'll back off in turn.