+ Follow This Topic

Thread: wondering if you'll ever get over that someone?

wondering if you'll ever get over that someone?

i first joined this site a while ago before i broke up with my ex because i didnt know whether or not i should do it..i look back on that and i know ive made the right decision by breaking up with her. The process of getting over her however was long and hard. I broke up with her last november around thanksgiving and i felt like i was over her about a month ago..so it took about 4 or 5 months..i did it though and i wanted to tell people who feel like they will never get over someone that you will..i was devastated afterwards and had no motivation to do anyhting..i couldnt do my work at school, i didnt wana hang out with friends, i didnt want to go outside..i was miserable..but i finally got through it and it feels like a load off my shoulders..i finally have motivation to do things..so for those of you that feel like this is the end and you cant get through it, i promise that you will..i was with my ex for four years and it took me about 5 months to not feel miserable any more..i still think about her, but i can get through life without her or the though of being withe her now..i hope this helps those of you who are in the position i was in a few months back
    Last edited by wondering3; 12-05-10 at 01:58 PM.

wish it was that easy when you are the one to get dumped, she is your first love, and you were away and haven't seen her in a year and she no longer wants to see you
    I've been having these weird thoughts lately...Like....is any of this real or not?

In my case it's weird, we were never in a real relationship but it still feels just like a breakup. We did everything that a typical couple does, but there was no commitment on her end because of the fact that she was dating some long distance guy. And there wasn't really a "breakup" but rather me telling her she can't have both me and the other guy anymore and so i'm leaving.. So I guess you could call that me breaking up with her, but I gave her 1001 chances to choose me and she chose him everytime. So it's the strangest situation i've ever been in and feels just like a regular relationship breakup.
    Be careful with your heart, because when someone seems too good to be true, they usually are.