+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This may sound silly or crazy

This may sound silly or crazy

Okay so bare with me here.

My gf moved into a new place about a month and a half ago and she said immediately that she saw things while she was there. Like she would see reflections in her tv of somebody walking in the hallway while she was there by herself.

Now at first I thought she was crazy but we were doing dishes one night and I heard a man's voice behind me say "des"...her name is Desiree and I call her des all the time....I turned around and nothing was there....tv was off, no radio, mp3 player...nothing.

Then another night I swore I woke up and that same hallway she said she sees the reflection in I rolled over and looked in the door and for a minute swore I saw somebody standing there. Now it was late but still freaked me out so I got up and closed the door. I went back to sleep no worries.

The next night I closed the door as soon as we went to bed...we weren't asleep yet and we were both facing the door, I had my arm over her and we heard a click and the door opened up....freaked us both out. So I got up, closed the door and then put stuff in front of it so it wouldn't open again but later that night she woke me up and there was a thumping at the door....it stopped and we went back to sleep...well I did, she didn't.

She has a little girl to who is not quite a year old and she is always staring back into the hallway like there is something there. The other day I guess she was putting on make-up in her bathroom which is also just off the hallway and she had her daughter in a bouncer just in the doorway of the bathroom/hallway. Desiree said she heard a voice say "hurry" and her daughter started screaming...like not crying but screaming....and she never does that, she is a quite baby.

Today she called me and said that she felt a cold chill and her daughter looked over her shoulder and when she turned around she saw something to into the kitchen but when she went in there nothing was there.

There have also been two instances where the tv has come on by itself which could be a power surge or something but stuff is getting moved to...like items we know go a certain place are in another room.

Now I don't normally believe in all of this stuff but there has been a lot of unusual activity and I'm running out of excuses...she isn't believing its the wind anymore....and honestly I think maybe I'm starting to become a believer myself.

Its really bothering her and honestly the fact that her daughter has woken up a few nights screaming at the top of her lungs has me a little concerned to....she just doesn't do that but something is scaring/upsetting her.

My question is, do any of you know of any methods for removing spirits from a home? I mean maybe its nothing, just imagination but maybe just the act of going through the process of it would make her feel better. Honestly I sleep regardless but she hasn't been.

I've read salt and sage will keep spirits away. I've also read that if you have a spirit you need to calmly ask it to leave and explain why you would like it to leave.

Does anybody have any experience or knowledge that would help?...neither of us are religious although I guess she might consider herself Protestant....she went to church every Sunday growing up but hasn't since she moved out....I have my own spiritual beliefs but I think you have to find your own road to god and nobodies road is the same therefore there is no call for organized religion.

I would really appreciate any advice...and sorry for this being so long.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

I'm not a superstitious person either, but I would pack up and move out of that place in a hot second.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I'm not a superstitious person either, but I would pack up and move out of that place in a hot second.
    She can't...she just got a divorce a few months back, is a single mom going to school and while she is looking for work pretty aggressively she hasn't found anything yet but she has been mowing yards for extra money...its low income housing and its not in a bad neighborhood which is important to both of us since she is a pretty young girl with a daughter and I'm not always around. I realize you can get hurt anywhere but most of her neighbors are elderly, its just a nice little town...its better than the ghetto which would be her other option.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    have you had a psychiatric evaluation? seriously?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Weird. You should search online and see if the location is known for any of that haunted stuff. I know this bar my friends and I go to used to be called The Noose because back in the day it was an apartment building and someone hung themselves there. There was a bunch of info on it we found after Googling it.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    have you had a psychiatric evaluation? seriously?
    She has a therapist...I don't but I'm telling you I don't normally believe this shit...but there is a lot of it and when two people notice together and hear things together its hard to dispel these things.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

Quote Originally Posted by QueenofCorona View Post
    Weird. You should search online and see if the location is known for any of that haunted stuff. I know this bar my friends and I go to used to be called The Noose because back in the day it was an apartment building and someone hung themselves there. There was a bunch of info on it we found after Googling it.
    I did try that but nothing came up. Honestly I can't even find any info on the place at all. And I'm a historian by trade so I know how to do research on this kind of stuff.

I've been doing a lot of reading on removing spirits and most say to stay calm and just ask them to leave.

Part of me to thinks that perhaps it is just a series of coincidences and its in our heads. But it really has her freaked out so maybe if she believes in some ritual or whatever that we do then she will believe the spirit is gone. Sort of like taking a sugar pill.

I do want to bring her piece of mind. I love spending the night at her place but I don't want to every night to make her feel safe. It adds and extra 45 minutes onto my drive in the morning and we can't stay at my place because I don't have a place to put a baby and it would be a chore packing up all of her toys, diapers, formula...etc.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've experienced it too, and it's always nice to have a second (or third and fourth), rational person there to confirm you are not a lunatic.

One of the things I was told was to claim our space. Vocalize very loudly that this is your space and that presence isn't welcome. It helps.
    In some cases.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Are all of these things really that unusual though? The baby could be screaming because she's in a new surrounding, the change in surroundings can be threatening for babies. The door could've opened because of the wind. But, if a person is a believer they could interpret these sings as supernatural activity. As soon as that happens, the mind state changes. Instead of acknowledging the usual events, the mind begins searching for clues to support it's suspicion, believing becomes seeing. That's what all of those "I think I saw something, I think I head something could've been". A door is slammed by the wind in your peripheral vision, but peripheral vision doesn't identify objects. What was that? Your mind is looking for evidence to support ghosts, so why shouldn't the door slamming be a ghost? Same as with hearing things, your mind is looking for evidence so why shouldn't be the whistling of the wind be interpreted as a supernatural activity? Some people call it a self fulfilling prophecy.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I told you...I'm a logical guy and I've tried to dismiss it all logically and I can't anymore.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Move out.

Where there's a will there's a way.

Don't stay just to try to prove something to yourselves or other people, it's not worth the loss of sleep.

I've never experienced any of these things and I've lived in what my mother claimed was a haunted house, and now we live in New Orleans.

Still though, like I said, not worth the loss of sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    If the ghost were a girl I'd try to tap that shit
    Dude...get offline and go get laid....you need this...when ghosts make you think about sex...you need to get some.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Move out.

Where there's a will there's a way.

Don't stay just to try to prove something to yourselves or other people, it's not worth the loss of sleep.

I've never experienced any of these things and I've lived in what my mother claimed was a haunted house, and now we live in New Orleans.

Still though, like I said, not worth the loss of sleep.
    She isn't gonna move...she has a head cold right now and went down to visit her brother for the weekend. When she gets back and gets better we are gonna try to cleanse the house based on what we read online...a little do it yourself exorcism.

Like I said even if it isn't real maybe the act of going through the process will make her feel better. I'll sleep regardless...I mean some crazy violent shit has to happen before I'm gonna freak out...just some opening doors and stuff moving isn't gonna keep me from sleeping.

The only thing that really bothers me is Ariana crying...I mean like I said she doesn't scream like that and I don't think its because its a new place because she has been there for awhile now and this only started recently. And on top of that a lot of nights we keep her crib in the bedroom with us.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

I occasionally have some strange hallucinations but I believe they are all a part of my vivid imagination. I usually sense them when I don't get enough sleep. Usually shadowy figures that move really fast or stand in the corner of the room, in my peripheral vision. Then I look to see and they vanish. Sometimes I have the feeling that a cold hand is grabbing my shoulder in my sleep and it wakes me up. Other times, I feel like I am being watched or that someone is behind me. I turn to look and nobody is there.

Who knows, maybe there are spirits among us. Unless they confront us directly, what reason do we have to acknowledge them or consider their existence?

Reading this post gave me the creeps. I'm sitting in the dark by myself and now I have the feeling that I am being watched.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Ghosts do not exist. This is absurd
    Your face is absurd
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast